Can 29 inch tires fit stock height? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Can 29 inch tires fit stock height?

I picked up a set of elcheapo 29in. Super Swampers for $100.00 with a lot of tread left. I know these tires will fit a stock rim (which is all I want for now). My question is: can I fit these under my stock height Sami? I'm putting a 1.6 in it in a few weeks but I'd like to get the tires in ASAP just to see how things ride. I'm also looking at minimal lift to get the 1.6 pan to clear the front axle....

Give it to me; I'll break it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2001, 11:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Can 29 inch tires fit stock height?

I had to cut my bumper brackets to fit my 29's.

Dennis

87 JX 32/36weber,header & 2" exhaust,Camo paint, removable doors,shackles and 235/75/15's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 04:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

why not just get the tyres and if they don't fit wait until you get a lift? Man at that price I'd buy them just to have them for later.

with the 1.6 I have heard that you will need at least 1" of body lift to clear the top of the motor and 2" spring lift to clear the sump, unless you get a modified 1.3 sump.

check out http://redgum.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au/~jeff for more info on the modified sump for the 1.6

hope all goes well

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.

Need some custom graphic/new media design done?
Visit http://www.newflavour.com today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 06:26 AM
Can't Get Enough

Pauly - Why don't you bring the zuk down to my house and we will perform the SPOA. Email me and I will tell you my schedule. I will give you the Breeze drop drag link and 1" drive shaft spacers I am currently running, plus a spare set of spring pads that have been cut and rewelded for the front lower shocks mounts. I have a set of Confer spring perches, but if I was you I would order a set of 4.5 NCO spring perches for $34.95, and pick up a set of brake lines from NAPA. You can use your stock shocks, U-bolts, and spring pads for now. We are talking less than $100 out of pocket. Then flip your body mounts to gain the 1" lift on the body. That should clear both above and below for the 1.6 16v engine and the 29" tires easily. Both problems solved at once.

Think of the money you would save by going this route instead of buying that modified oil pan you were talking about. On top of that, you would be saving you about $150 just with the parts I am donating and the welding could be paid for with a quick call to Papa John's!

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

I'll take you up on that offer! I'll need to order those parts form NCO. I'll get that done tonight. Should I just order his extended brake lines too? I don't want to be too cheap.

Thanks for the parts! I really appreciate it! I'll definately pick up the pizza and what ever else we need.

Email me your telephone # and I'll call you tonight. I take it you lost the playoffs?

Give it to me; I'll break it.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 09:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

jeez... whered you find that TIRE DEAL! Thats wheelin and deelin my brother!

~Goot
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Yah it stinks and is giving you a headache it's a desil
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 11:13 AM
Can't Get Enough

Goot - Well after waiting nearly three weeks for either you or Anton to make a move on those $150 Swampers I told you about I decided to pick up the telephone and give them a ring. They still had them and now they are mine! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They are 31x13.50 TSL/SX with 50% tread left on them. I measured the tread and it is a little closer to 60%. I went to the National Tire and Wheel website to get the specs on these tires and they will fit an 8-11" rim and have a 11.6" footprint! The tire measures 30.75" tall, but I think I will squeeze another inch out of them by mounting them on my 8" rims. I plan on buying a set of 10" rims soon.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-448984-Mvc-016s.jpg (75.7 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 12:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whoa guys if you flip your body mounts that will give you 1" of lift??!! Damn I learn something new from yall everday!!!! So is this a safe idea!

P.S. Hey capn why dont you go get some 31" retreads yeah you will pay an extra 100 bucks but damn that is a pretty good deal and you know the sammy will wear those tires for years [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]!! Man I have had the same firestone firehawks for about 4 years now!!!! you will never get over how money saving a samurui is man!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 12:31 PM
Can't Get Enough

Capn - Yeah order the brake lines too. NCO has a really good price on those as well and they are DOT certified.

Tim Martin
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2001, 12:41 PM
Can't Get Enough

Pauly - If you call NCO tonight to order the perches and brake lines, ask Tim if my order went out yet. I can't wait to install the Breeze cross over steering and dropped pitman arm. I also ordered the stainless steel hardware kit and a radio face plate. You might want to look through the Samurai OEM parts he carries before you place your order. I always find some little stuff that I add onto my order.

Tim Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode