Where should I get married? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Where should I get married?

My sweetie will be here in 19 days (June 26th), we were going to get married at friends of mine who are ministers (husband and wife both) at a local church, but she did not get her interview in time as they are moving to TN June 12th. So, I have to come up with something else. She does NOT want a big wedding (formal church), she has no one in this country, and I have very few relatives, all who are to old to travel a long distance. Other than the JOP, I was thinking of a Zuki Melt wedding, nearly all of my best friends live far away, own Zuk's, and will be at the Melt. What do you think, should I throw this one at her? She will be there with me along with my 8 yr old son who can't wait for her to get here.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 02:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Where should I get married?

Sounds good to me. Need to run that by the badlands Troy Meyer. Oh, and the guru or potentate or poobah or whatever TD is called now a days. It's his shindig[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. As for me, I think its great.

John
87 suzuski samurai
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 03:40 PM
Keyboard Implanted

With all the people going I would bet there may even be a JOP among the group. If that doesn't work out for you a Buddy of mine recently did the Vegas thing. No frills and about $200. Good luck to you both whichever route you take. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 03:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sounds like a good idea! Run it by the lady and see what she says! Where is she from any ways...sounds like she's from overseas?

86 4Runner 31" 5-spd ...and it's white!
http://www.webimr.com/rdohn2/
Phoenix, AZ

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

She is from the Ukraine, the most wonderful person I have ever met, and we have that really rare deep spiritual bond. I would really like to do the Zukimelt thing as I have few friends close by, all my friends tend to be scattered all over the globe, and some of the most special people I know will all be at Zukimelt. I have never met a better group of people than Suzuki owners, and this is a prime reason I run my buisness. All my customers become friends, and it always a joy to put a face with the voice.

TGT - NCO

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 07:36 PM
Old Hand

Tim,

If the Melt wedding doesn't work out, you can always come to Myrtle Beach. There is a "Chapel by the Sea" here and you can have the honey moon here too.

My wife does golf, attractions, and accomodation packages. So I'm sure she could get you something worked up for a good price.

Congratulations!
Will you and the bride be attending the Fall Zuwharrie? I hope to meet her.

Jay

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img][email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/jbird88_5/index.html
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim,
A Zukimelt wedding sounds good to me. Melissa and I got married in the Florida Keys, we didn't have any witnesses so they got 2 people from the campground and there was a pelican there too.
ROB

post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 09:32 PM

I just married two weeks ago at the JOP and it was fantastic. I must have stressed for about 3 minutes, but the whole thing was over in less then 15 minutes and we were off to get MTR's from goodyear to celebrate. I loved the fact it was stress free. I had joked about getting married at zukimelt, but we decided that it was not a marriage to announce to the world in ceremony, just between the two of us because thats all really counted. Afterwards, we announced it to everyone and none of my family was upset. They saw it as an extension of our ever changing relationship and a natural course of action after 4 and a half years together. It would be neat to see a zukimelt marriage though, and its appropriate since you are a much loved vendor. Have you made your mind up yet? Keep us informed so we can bring rice. Can you imagine, I expect everyone to park there samuri's in two rows so you can drive down it with your bride and we can all thow rice and birdseed at you for luck. Jeez theres gonna be so many people there too! Thatd be great.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 09:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Zookmelt wedding sounds cool,So what should we were the blue or tan badlands shirt??I don't have a tie to match ether one!What kind of stuff do yall need or want you know with all your zuk buddys there yall should get some good gifts....I guess someone one needs to get the just maried sticker made up for your zuk ~

QuadZuki,87 spoa,33"wild countrys
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2001, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Only thing we would want or need is for good friends to be present and a good time for all. This will be her first time four wheeling, and she has NEVER driven a car before, so I don't think she would want to be driving around the Bad Lands, she will be my seat buddy with junior whooping it up in the back seat! Who else are going to have their little ones there?

TGT - NCO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode