410 t-case ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

410 t-case ??

Does a 410 have a baby lobster t-case? I was told of one in a boneyard and was considering it if ithas the gears I want, if it is still available, and if it will fit my 87. I don't know what year the 410 is. Any ideas ?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 05:34 PM
MRLoneWolfe

Re: 410 t-case ??

82-84 samis The t-case gives you 12% more reduction in gears,and will bolt in your sami.Make sure you get the emergency brake system with it,its bolted to it.Its a better brake system and what you want for a disc brake conversion.

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 05:51 PM
Enthusiast

Pre-1983 (inclusive) does not have a 4x4 switch and the case does not look the same as a Samurai.

1984 (only year) is the most desirable, has a 4x4 switch and looks the same as a Sam t-case. Also is the only year of the gear cluster that can be used to make a 4.16 low range gear cluster.

Neither of these t-case types are bolt in as you will need to drill new holes to bolt the propshafts to. Straight forward but not bolt-in. Both have an approx. 12% reduced high range. Low range is a different value between the two case types.

HTH

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 06:49 PM
Pooh-Bah

Hey Crow, if this is the one I told you about, dont bother looking for that T-Case as I already got it ;-)

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

You are fast! Just curious....what did it run you? What kind of shape are the other zooks in?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-29-2001, 07:13 PM
Pooh-Bah

I dont remeber, I bought a bunch of stuff when I was there in May. All I know is I spent about 600 getting as much in my car as I could and still have room to drive back to Cleveland

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 09:48 AM
MRLoneWolfe

The only difference on some of them is the flange size,My 84 t-case bolts right up with no drilling-it is some of the few that have the bigger flange.The others yea,you will have to drill to mount it...its real easy....

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 09:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i just picked up a 410 tcase today and was wondering how to getthe drum to fit an 87 rear drive shaf? do i hve to drill and shove new studs through? could i just change the flanges on the other two? and what is the low range diffrence in gearing? its pre 84

87 soft top 88 hard top-- 96 mustang cobra conv. FOR SALE 15k (i need a klune V)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 11:47 PM
Pooh-Bah

I'll trade you a flange(from an 88.5 small flange) for the Drum and I'll pay shiping for both

post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-01-2001, 04:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sorry i really dont need small flanges i need the drum. thanks anyway

87 soft top 88 hard top-- 96 mustang cobra conv. FOR SALE 15k (i need a klune V)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode