Anyone run 462's and Baby rocklobster set up? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 03:07 PM
MRLoneWolfe

Anyone run 462\'s and Baby rocklobster set up?

I currently run 462 gears in my sami.I have a baby lobster I am thinking of putting in.I have seen what 462's and 4.16 t-case will do but, am wondering if the babylobser will be enough?Can anyone give me the scoop on this set-up?

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 03:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anyone run 462\'s and Baby rocklobster set up?

Kevin Walker runs that setup with 33" boggers and his rig pulls good.

QuadZuki,87 spoa,33"wild countrys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 06:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Wolfe - depends what you want to do, the low range is good,As you know, But it never ends I have been trying to figure out how to stick a 2nd tranmission in between the tcase and trans. It is a sickness..
(Lower lower....)

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 08:04 AM
MRLoneWolfe

Basically,I want to know if the baby rocklobster will be low enough to rockcrawl with out the grs1.if i have to go with GRS1 I will,but this babylobster is lookin awful pretty!If it will be enough to crawl without taking the two gears and making it 4.16 I will use it by itself

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 09:57 AM

Where are you guys getting the baby lobsters?I cant find any sammys anywhere around here that predates 87.Oh yeah,what do they generally charge for these xfer cases in case I can find one.

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 10:54 AM
MRLoneWolfe

NY-paid 75 bucks for the t-case and ifm I look hard I might find more.There are around if you can hunt them down.I was lucky to be able to strip a 410 at a local yard.Now its a shell!!!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 11:39 AM
Pooh-Bah

I was able to do the same thing, when Iwas visiting family in Long Island. I've got the Factory half doors with soft tops also, getting them all prepped to paint, just have to find a place to redo the soft part.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 12:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

will any sj410 tcase bolt up to a samurai? and will every sj410 tcase have the lower gears? in high range and low range?

build it, break it, then build it better.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 12:36 PM
WSB

Would love to see what those "factory half doors" look like!

Wayne

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2001, 02:15 PM
MRLoneWolfe

The gear you want in the baby rocklobster comes out of t-cases in 1984 dated samauri's.in this year they used a lower gear which half of the gear,is half of the 416.The other half comes out of the SJ413 T-case.If you cut and machine them together you get a true 4.16 T-case gear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode