Taste Steering Wheel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 07:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Taste Steering Wheel

Over past three years people have been telling me to lift that little guy for good off road.
People my neighbors, customers, suppliers, highway patrol and police. Always reply heck 87 stock goes every now. Why spend money on a lift?

Then it happened: Jan. this year 15deg F while doing off road remote electrical power inspection zipp'in along ice ruts Sam fell thru ice hit bottom front axle, instant full stop.I ate steering wheel, passenger ate dash board. Fours wheels turn but no go..... cell phone call help.
Utilities workers in disbelief Sam struck yikes better send backhoe on this.

Taste of steering wheel prompted me to lift Sam. Been read'in what experts post here on suspension lifts for years but I'm still confused or me just plain dumb mostly later I think.

Need help can't seem to get handle on this lift thing.Taint got time to make my own kit, gott'a buy one now. Four incher seems like best start point. Sam gott'a do daily normal highway driving, if lift can improve ride, that's a plus, as now it's kidney shakerrrrrrrrr. Would like a flexible kit starts off with spring under axle if and later if need be go over axle.Used Izook link off page to read up on various lift kits and believe best kit for my application CSC Wrangler Spring Conversion/Shackle Reversal but not sure if spring is for under axle or over axle I think it can do both but not sure and not sure on how many inches this lift gives anybody know.

Anybody experience this kit, good, bad, get lost or hows your corn field doing this year?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 08:10 PM

Re: Taste Steering Wheel

You want lift for a few reasons.. Lift moves your frame away from the ground and the diffs, which gives you more ground clearance, so you wont get hung up on things. With lift, you can run bigger tyres, which helps greatly off-road, different types of tyres are better for different off-road conditions.

If you wheel a lot, youll find that all the stuff you can easily get through is becoming too easy, and boring.. So you will probably want to go on some tuffer things. Lift, tyres and other modifications will make your Suzuki more capiable, and will likeley be able to go many more places.

If your looking for a cheap lift, that gives decent flex, yet drives well on and off-road, i would say go SPOA (Springs over the axle). I can probably supply you with some of the parts for a good price, e-mail me at [email protected]

About the CSC kit, ive only heard good things about it, and it flexes like crazy. You can use it in SPUA, GotZuk (Jim) knows somone who has it in SPUA i think. He fit 31" swampers without a problem and it flexes lots.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode