Mid Atlantic Fab Fest - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Mid Atlantic Fab Fest

Any thoughts about the fab fest? Projects, installs, modifications, trail rides, etc... Any ideas or thoughts? I would hate to have everyone travel there and we just stand around bored, looking at each other's zuks and scratching our butts! Have we nailed down a date and location yet?

Capn_Crunch - Want to gather your parts for your SPOA and do it there? I can bring my MIG welder, chop saw, air tools and 4-1/2" grinders. Lav25 has a MIG welder, plasma cutter and a portable compressor. I could trailer my Samurai and load the back of my Suburban with tools and parts.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 04:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Mid Atlantic Fab Fest

Tim,
I was thinking the 18th or 19th of August or sooner if you guys want.I would like to have mine done before Zukimelt. I'm open to any days that you guys would like. I am waiting for my OME springs to get here for my own SPOA,and would like help with the conversion. The problem with August is it's too damned hot here to work on anything without an airconditioned garage!
ROB

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 08:15 AM

Hey Rob,

You'll need it done before August for Zookimelt. Are you driving out? I going. I'm not trailering mine; I'm gonna take a 4 day weekend and drive out. (could be a dumb thing). It'd be cool to convoy out.

Pauly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 08:56 AM

Have you'all picked a location for the Fab Fest yet? I see the date is still in question. Anytime is fine, though I agree with Robzuk, its usually very toasty in Aug.
My sammurai is coming along nicely. It is currently on jack stands. I have installed the rear sammi springs up front using the RRO kit and CJ5 springs in the rear with the CSC kit. I wonder if I can lift the vehicle high enough to fit the axles back under it, HEHEHE.
I should finish the front axle rebuild today w/ 4.62's, just need to finish welding the spring perch supports (connecting upper and lower..Spoa already welded). If it wasn't for the rain, I'd probably install it today. Not looking forward to removing the stock pitman arm though. I hear it is a PITA. Also I ordered a hybrid rear axle with the works (lower shock mounts, pumpkin caps etc.) should be here within a week.
All I need for the engine swap is to decide which clutch to use between the 1.6 and Tracker 5sp.

"Reality goes on without me!"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Whazoo - Let me know when you fire that engine up? Damn, the way you are flying with your build up, that credit card and check book has to be on fire!

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

With five or six of us there we could whip out some SPOA lifts! Have two people removing axles as fast as you could weld the spring perches and shock mounts on. I have never done a ring and pinion swap on an axle and if I don't already have them done I could use some help there. I have done VW transaxles, but they are a piece of cake.

As far as the date, the end of August is fine. Just make sure it is not the weekend before the kids start back to school.

Tim Martin
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 01:50 PM

I don't want to wait til the end of August for my SPOA. Hopefully I can roll down your way within the next month and put it on then. I have to wait til next week to order it though. My money's still tied up in bad investments...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 11:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pick an earlier date if you want, like I said I'd like to have the SPOA done before Zukimelt. I'm towing the Samurai out on a trailer. If you guys want to caravan out there that's ok by me. That way if we have a problem we can hopefully fix it.R/T wanted to meet up with me somewhere on the other side of the mountains as well.
ROB

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 09:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Good luck with your FAB FEST,hope you have as much fun as I did with mine ,minus the rain,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2001, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Today I gave lav25 a hand installing the front half of his rollcage. Looks really good. It has inspired me to work on my cage a little more. I must finish my front bumper first because right now I am driving around without one and it is only a matter of time before I get pulled over by a trooper and given an inspection ticket. Glad to hear that the Fab Fest was a success!

Tim Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode