SPOA LONGER SHOCKS ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

SPOA LONGER SHOCKS ?

After about 2 weecks after installing my spoa my stock front shocks are gone they are working as bumpstops. If I balance the car hard with my hands I can feel and listen to them hiting ( maybe this hapenned because the front springs have to much negative arch ?)

solution

I was already going to change my shocks mounting points(but not now). So I will take care of the front first.
Where do you weld the mounting points ??? directly to the tube ??? To the older spring pads ?? Do the new mounting points get more vunerable to rocks etc.
What shocks should I buy ?? what are Ranchos References ??? Are there other shocks with an equivallent size ( old man emu or other )??
Note: I never heard of Napa Shocks here in Portugal, do they have an website so I can see if they have a dealer in Portugal.

Thanks everyone

Rui Alberto Sá Freitas
Livramento de Cima
1º Impasse da estrada do garajau n.º 9 e 11
9125-066 Caniço
Ilha da Madeira
PORTUGAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 11:49 AM

Re: SPOA LONGER SHOCKS ?

For the front lower shock mounts, most people weld them onto the stock perch, so it doesnt give you less ground clearance. I have some dropped brackets on my spring plates, drops it about 1.5"
IM using rear chevette shocks in the front, flexes really nice, using them as bumpstops right now. I also used my stock front shocks as bumpstops for a long time, still work great.
I think ppillard uses rear toyota pickup shocks in the rear with a custom brcket to move the shock mounts in and down (the upper shocks mounts), i have some, there pretty long.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 12:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: SPOA LONGER SHOCKS ?

You'll find most of the SPOA kits out there use a front lower mount that welds to the existing spring pad under the axle. The rear lowers weld to the axle as well. The rear uppers tilt in.

The shocks we provide for our standard 4.5 lifts go at about 15" compressed on the front, and 16" compressed on the rears.

At all costs.... AVOID the Rancho 5000s and ProComp ES3000s. They are the same shock, restickered, and the stiffest aftermarket shock available. A bad combination with the lightest vehicle on the market.

In the States alot of folks are going with the Doetsch Tech shocks. Hopefully you can find an equivalent in Europe as shipping charges for shocks would be quite a bit.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode