Aguh!!! Stuck in "N" help pro's!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Aguh!!! Stuck in \"N\" help pro\'s!!!

Hello boyz.......

My buddy just gave me a call.......his transfer case is stuck in neutral. Now I think I've had this problem before...a few years ago.....but am not able to give him the advice he's look'n for at the moment. I have 2 hours to get back to him, so I'll keep search'n around till I find som'm. If you have any ideas.....please spill them

thanks a bunch!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 02:19 PM

Re: Aguh!!! Stuck in \"N\" help pro\'s!!!

you are going to need to remove the shift lever and get a new "shifter sheet"... its a little rubber gasget that goes on the ball of the shifter sits on. i got mine from the dealer for 2 bucks or so, and i know that alot of the aftermarket vendors on the internet sell them too.

Steve
'88 Suzuki Samurai
2" S/R 30x9.50 M/T's
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 02:23 PM

Take the T-case boot off from the floor of the Sami.
Remove the metal clamp on the smaller boot on the bottom of the shifter arm and pull the boot up.
Apply force to the metal cap which holds the shifter in the T-case and turn counter clockwise (I think. If it's the other direction, you'll know.) The cap is spring loaded and will pop up when it's fully turned.
Once the cap is out of the way, the shifter arm will pull out. Pull it out.
Now, look inside and you will see two shafts (parallel to each other) which point front to rear. On each of these shafts is a notch which -when in the correct location- the two will form a square where the shifter "ball" will fit into.
Using a large FLAT screwdriver -or other large flat tool- inset the flat end into the area and turn/jam, push. bang, knock the two bars forward or backwards til both of the notches form a square.
Once this is done, reverse the disassemble procedure and the t-case will go back into 2wd.
Once you are home call Tim at NCO or another reliable aftermarket vendor and say, "I need a shifter sheet."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 05:58 PM

This is what it should look like when removed. The "Shifter Sheet" is the o-ring looking thing on the bottom. It's about $ 8.00

<font color=red>I Feel more like I do NOW . . </font color=red><font color=green>. . Then I did awhile AGO!</font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2001, 08:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well done fellas, thanks a bunch!!! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

"Lov'n how the zuk boys come togeather [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

cya's!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode