Retreaded Tires? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Retreaded Tires?

Where can I get Retreaded Tires? Any web pages? Thanks

Rodney C
1985 CJ7,302 V8,T18,D20,SOA,Shackles Reversed, 35" BFG AT's, Fiberglass Tub & Front End...
1990 Samurai,87 drive line,SOA+2.5" Add-A-Leaf,4.16's,5.12's,Pony Carb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 12:46 AM
pook

Re: Retreaded Tires?

high-tec retread's i don't have the address but you can find it using the search, i got mine from them 33-12.50's
on b.f.g.carcass they were $325 with shiping and didn't need that much weight to ballance got the mud tires and i couldn't be happier, one week delivery time also

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 01:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Here's their site addy.....

They are great people to deal with and I love the tires!

http://www.hi-tec-retreading.com/

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 03:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue> clicky
http://www.hi-tec-retreading.com/

wes </font color=blue>

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...?u=1596164&f=0
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 04:42 AM
Can't Get Enough

I just responded to Anton in another post about the High-Tec retreads. Here is a copy of the post, hope this helps:

<font color=blue>Like I said before, the pattern is so close that if it was any closer, BFG would probably be seeking a copyright law suit. If you notice, the pattern differs slightly here and there, but not by much. They are just as close as any other BFG knock-off such as the Pro-Comp mud tires.

I do not have a pair of BFG to compare the rubber hardness too. I know they are harder than Swampers are, but that rubber is pretty soft. The sidewalls are very pliable - you can actually push it in with your palm. I would expect the same performamce out of these tires as the BFG MT tires. June 2001 4Wheel magazine did a comparison this month with BFG MT's so check the article.

I only run 15psi in my set on and off road. I find that I get enough sidewall flex yet they are firm enough for the street. The Samurai only puts no more than 600-700lbs on each tire (my Suburban weighs just under 6000lbs, so figure out the wieght difference) while standing still depending on your front to rear weight distribution. With that little weight, any higher pressure gives you a very stiff ride. I ran 25-30psi when I first bought them and the ride would send a jolt up my spine with every bump. I have over 3000 miles on my tires and High-Tec said to expect around 20,000 miles out of a set of retreads. I suspect much higher for mine are showing very little wear.

The price can not be beat. Even the Pep Boy brand tires will run you $89.99 each for mud tires. The last time I checked, these tires were only $49.99 each, shipping was not that much and I received my tires in 5-7 days. Yours might be slightly higher due to Canadian import tax. However, he lives in South Dakota, so depending on where you live in Canada, it should not be that expensive. It would probably not be cost effective if they were shipped from Florida or Southern California.</font color=blue>

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 09:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If I remember correctly from a test Four Wheeler did on the Hi-Tec retreads the mud tire is the same pattern as the Dunlop Radial Rover MT. I just bought 4 of the 235/15 muds & so far am pleased with them. I live in Longmont, Colorado & Hi-Tec used to be in Berthoud, CO about 10 miles from my house. I visited the shop once & they took me on a small tour, showed me their process. I ordered the tires from South Dakota & they actually delivered them to Longmont for me, they regularly bring loads of tires for customers in this area. Cost about $180.00 delivered.
For the price I'm happy with them, hope to try them off-road soon.
AndyB

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 04:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

how reliable are they on the highway? My rig is a daily driver and like most zookers am on a shoe string budget. I'd love to get retreads but am not sure how they hold up to regular highway use.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
http://www.newflavour.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 12:19 AM
Can't Get Enough

95% of my driving is on the highway. I have about 3000 miles on my High-Tecs and they are holding up well and do alright in the rain too. I have been doing less and comuting with my Samurai and plan on taking them off to stick tham under my Suburban. I would buy another set and everyone that has them seem to be happy with theirs too.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-26-2001, 01:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks heaps.

I'll be sure to get a set of retreads now. much cheaper. I'll post pics of the tread pattern when I get them.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
http://www.newflavour.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode