Looking for the following parts and advice... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Looking for the following parts and advice...

Well, tonight I sold one of my racecars and after I bought some other go-fast goodies for my other racecar that I am building I found myself with about $1000 cash to play with. I am looking for some of the following parts and if anyone has any of these sitting in your garage that you would like to unload, send me an email. If anyone has any advice on these choices, please spill you guts here.

Soft Top (black) - Mine is pretty ragged out. I was looking at the el-cheapo Steelhorse top? Are they worth the $189 that Tops4less sell them for or should I go with the Besttop? I already looked for a Kayline with no luck. Anyone know of a supplier that still have a black one? NCO is out.

Cross Over Steering - I have to get rid of that bump steer while I can. I was thinking about the Breeze kit from NCO. Anybody use that kit versus the Calmini kit?

Breeze Traction Bar - Need to calm down that rear end. Since the 1.6L install I am hell on my rear springs.

Skid Plate - Who makes a good one?

Thanks

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 11:29 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Looking for the following parts and advice...

Quadratec has those cheapo Steelhorse soft tops for $139.95 and that's a lot more than they're worth. My brother just got one recently and there is no way all the snaps can be fastened at the same time because they are so misplaced and it fits so badly. Quadratec sells the cheapo Bestop for $179.95 and they are worth $40 more in my opinion.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 12:17 AM
Addict

I've got the Bestop Sunport and I'm quite happy with it.

1988.5 Zuk: OD Green Paint, ARB Bumper, OME Lift, 1.6 engine, ISKY DP Cam, Weber Carb, CF II Clutch, 4.16 Transfer, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 03:36 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

<font color=blue> I was thinking about going with the breeze cross over from NCO but I am not sure what to buy next. Going to 5.38's now, I need power steering, skid plates also, could also use that trac bar and I need to get a winch before Tellico in August. Too much money wrapped up in this hobby. Oh yeah, I forgot that I have the bulletproof tc arm and mounts coming from RRO cause mine looks like a twizzler now after Uwharrie. Plus I think I need a new clutch. This sucks! Can I have that $1000?

Wes.

</font color=blue>

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...?u=1596164&f=0
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 06:22 AM
4xRonin

I like the Bestop myself. Go with the Breeze steering as the Calmini linkage is designed for spring under. I can also recommend the Tim Porter's Hardcore skidplate, It has no equal in my humble opinion.HTH

Scott Whitmore
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." Dalai Lama
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 07:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We have a couple black Kayline tops still in stock. Also have the Hardcore 4x4 skidplates which are without question, the best on the market.
http://www.rocky-road.com/suzuki.html

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 08:01 AM
Keyboard Implanted

hey man, looks like everybody has you covered on the top info. i got a fast back top from quadratec a while back, think its a best top brand. like it better than a square back top. less room to heat in winter too. just my opinion.

skid plate huh, well, i have had a porter skid plate acquired for about 6 months, just never got in a hurry to get it. he is bringing it to fab fest for me this weekend along with my dam vise grips he still has.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

on the steering, i would personally go with the breeze unit. like it the best after getting to drive porters green monster. im here to vouch, its what im going to get man. just dont have $$$ yet. hows bout loaning me some $$$$$?????
later
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 09:28 AM
MRLoneWolfe

I definatly give Tom Porters Under armour two thumbs up,he makes awesome stuff!!!!And it works well too!!!

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My Calmini steering setup is one of the best mods I have made to my sami.

Bluecrawler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode