Woody Package (take 2) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 07:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Woody Package (take 2)

I think it would be possible to reproduce the woody package if there was an interest. I used to restore classic arcade machines as a hobby a while back. A lot of times you could not find the original control panel overlays or side art. In those cases we used to have them made up using a picture of the original. These were just large stickers. The only diff here is that the sticker would need to be able to handle the elements. I think I'll contact a few old friends and look into this further.

I included a pic of a game I restored. This one was a bit more then a restore. I bought the cabinet with a diff game in it, stripped it to nothing and put the correct game that goes with the cabinet. It was quite a project at the time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-430511-Elevator1.jpg (21.4 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 09:00 AM

Re: Woody Package (take 2)

You don't restore them anymore? There's a big interest in vintage video games right now. Check out the prices they bring on ebay!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 10:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hehe well aware of the Ebay prices, I have bought and sold "many" items. If you go on ebay do a seller/buyer search for "itsjustjay" and check out my feedback

I dont sell whole games anymore because I dont have the space I used to. A few years ago I used to go to warehouses and buy up to 12 games at a time. There also a pain in the butt to ship which is a big setback.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 10:03 AM

I had a bunch of PacMan and Ms. PacMan games a few years ago (before ebay). I let them go for a song - about $50.00 apiece.

I know what you are saying about ebay prices. I sell some junk there and the prices I get do not necessarily reflect current values (some things sell higher, some lower).

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 11:33 AM
Can't Get Enough

eBay has it's ups and down. I saw a used Samurai/Weber carb adapter sell for $29 when they could have bought a brand new one from Pierce Manifolds for $26. Some people get eBay bid crazy and just have to have that high bid.

I generally only buy off eBay unless I need that part and I can get it for at least 20% less than what I would pay elsewhere. I bought my brand new, still in the box dual 40mm carbs on eBay for $620 and that was within my 20% limit. The cost was $749 from NCO/Calmini.

I also use a sniper program that enters my max bid within the last 10 seconds of the auction ending (Thanks JEEPN for the tip). I have never lost an auction since I started using that program. Just enter in your max bid and before anyone knows what happens you walk away with the high bid and the auction has ended. I recieved some nasty emails when I sniped an auction from under two people who were in a bidding war for almost a week. I responded, "Thanks for getting in a petty $5 bidding war all week and driving the bid up before I sniped it from under you two anyway!"

Tim Martin
87' Samurai/1.6L/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/MSD 6AL/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 02:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sounds like a cool idea, but my problem is i need a street queen before it would be feesable for me to do it. i would have them scratched off zuktanic before i got to the top of the first ridge.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 03:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Out of 12 Zuk's you dont have one "street queen" BB?

Yea ebay has its ups and downs. It usually works out in the end for me. If I get a low price for one thing I sell no big deal because something I dont expect to get a lot of $$ for might just pay off big time. EX: I bought a Apple IIC Flat panel attachment for $5.00 (didnt even work) and sold it to someone in Japan for 200.00........go figure

As far as biding goes, the snipe is a must if you dont want to spend a lot of $$. I like sniping freehand myself

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-20-2001, 12:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey guys, if you want to do the woody thing, try these guys:

http://www.stripeman.com

This has come up before on the fsj list, people looking to redo the "wood" on their wagoneers and grand wagoneers. These guys carry the oem material at a fraction of stealer cost.

Of course, this whole series of threads has me thinking of "woody-izing" my zuk to match my gw. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] And I had been planning on de-wooding the waggie until [email protected]

-Mike
'86 Samurai (no top, doors, radio, carpet,etc...)
'85 Grand Wagoneer (pretty much stock)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode