OT..My Wonderful Flyer Job - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

OT..My Wonderful Flyer Job

On May 11'th, i called this flyer place, becuase they needed somone to delever flyers. I wanted to make some money so i thought id try it out. They said the flyers would be at my door in 1-2 days.. 1-2 days later, no flyers, weeks later no flyers. I called, left messages, and they never returned my calls. Now, over 2 months later, yesterday i wake up at 19:00 and find 8 large boxes of these flyer things i have to delever! When talking to them over 2 months ago, they said i would recieve with my material, a bag to carry it in, a map, and some other papers. All i got was 2 papers, one mine, and one for some person down the street! So it turned out , it is now my job to split up the boxes so we each get the right amount.. I called them to find out the houses i do, they give me the list, and somone else and I went and delevered them. We started at 22:00 and gave up at 23:00

By this time, we had done 3 out of the 7 blocks i needed to do.. I had 4 boxes of these and i already used up 3..
So some things i concluded.. This comapny is totally screwed up, can never get things right, and they try and rip young people off. If i were to do this by my self, and complete it all it would have taken me a minimum of 4 hours, and the total i would earn for all this hard work is 10.15 Canadain dollars.

I call them today, telling them i dont want to continue, as the pay is terrible, and im not interested anymore, the guy is begging me to just finish it. I cant belive what a rip off these things are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 10:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OT..My Wonderful Flyer Job

dont sound quite rite, but what do i know about it? im in the middle of nowhere. shoot, first traffic lite is 18 miles away.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dang Billy Bob I thought I was out here in the middle of nowhere by myself its good to know that I have you as a neighbor.

Hey, Jeeps do taste like Chicken!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:25 PM
marcyboy

If you think that's bad, after midnight..... I can cross Main street where I live and don't even need to "dim" my lights. I just leave the brights on cause I know that I probably won't go by anyone!!!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yall sound like me fellers, take my trike or yamaha banshee up n down the road in plain daylight. nothing round me at all. cops, hell, takes them 2.5 days to come investigate a breaking n entering in one of my barns. believe me, im out here.
now, thats a shame.
BiLLy bOb

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh yeah, in my hometown we needed high beams 5 days a week...they only pumped in sunlight on tuesdays and thursdays!
When we FINALLY got sidewalks, they rolled them up at night to keep the dew off of them, hoping they wopuld last longer!

So there!
R/T

If you've never been scared, you've never been wheelin'!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 05:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Realistically BB I lived 22 miles from a town of 650 people. I lived there until I got married, then my wife moved a little closer to town I now live about 2 miles.
the other day I needed som 10mm bolts for the power steering project sure was nice to be able to hop in the truck and go get em and be back in less than an hour.

Hey, Jeeps do taste like Chicken!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 07:37 AM
Keyboard Implanted

skeetshooter, all kidding aside, i understand completely man. the closest town is almost 8 miles. but it is a post office, 3 gas stations and a high school. no traffic lites. closest stop sign was 4 miles away, but last summer, they finally started puttin up road name signs and stop signs cause they are FINALLY in the process of setting up a 911 emergancy system. if i have to run to town for bolts, takes me minimum of 25 minutes. usually can go out on one of my parts vehicles (100+ now) and get what i need.
BiLLy bOb

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 08:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

BillyBob,whats a stop light?All we use at cross roads is a big chuck hole to slow you down,so you can take a look as to whats coming the other way,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 02:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey RR, they used to do that here, but after i moved here, they changed it. seems my tires were so big, never noticed the big chuck holes!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
BiLLy bOb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode