retreads in texas - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 12:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

retreads in texas

I have the Red A**,I have been looking for retreads in texas and could not find them so I called the local DPS office to find out if they are legal in Texas...NOT! on passenger cars...and I do drive it alot on the road.The only upside is it gives me an excuse to buy thornbirds.

Dennis

87 JX weber,header & 2" exhaust,Camo paint, removable doors.soon to have custom 2"lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 07:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: retreads in texas

you shouldn't have any trouble finding retreads. I know of 2 places that sell them within 10 miles of my house. I looked at some that came out of a place in Houston but there were bubble like voids in the cap to where you could see down to the carcass. The guy said that was normal. I passed. There is a city cop in Gladewater runs them on his 4wd nissan daily driver. Go figger. Any how, I just ordered 4 from http://www.hi-tec-retreading.com/siz...ices/index.htm. They said I should have my tires within a week of my order. 4ea 31x10.50 mud tread on michelin carcasses delivered to Longview,Texas for $250

88 Sam 4.16,welded rear,235-75's on Ford truck wagon wheels, 4.5 spoa,5k quick mount Ramsey
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:11 AM
mike shannon

Re: retreads in texas

man don't buy the thorn birds i have a set and jai bird has a set and they suck if it is slick. get some tsl radial or sx, or just plain tsl. you will be miles ahead. but if you have to have the thorn birds i have a set of 35x14.5s that i will sell you but you need alot of lift like 9+ later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode