Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Suzuki GEO All (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/)
-   -   Please think about what you do before you do it! (https://forums.off-road.com/suzuki-geo-all/70575-please-think-about-what-you-do-before-you-do.html)

Capn_Crunch 05-16-2001 10:26 AM

Please think about what you do before you do it!

I'm not lookin' for sympathy; I just wanna ask that y'all think about the stupid things you do before you do them.

I just found out that a high school friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident. He rear ended a car on the highway. The investigation determined that he was travelling between 160 and 180 miles an hour when he hit the car. The force of the crash compressed the car to approximately 4 feet in length and sent both occupants to the hospital in serious condition (One of the car's occupants was an 8 year old girl.). My friend died at the accident scene.

I find myself being mad, VERY pissed off and very sad. Not just for the loss of my friend but also for the lives that he has wrecked. I cannot imagine the physical and psychological pain that this little girl and her father (the occupants of the car) are going to have to live with for the rest of their lives, not to mention the fact that my friend left behind 5 small children who will have to grow up without their father.

What bothers me the most is that my friend was a great guy (He was a well known local drag racer and got me interested in hot rodding when I was a kid.). But now, despite all the good he accomplished in his lifetime, he's going to be forever remembered by the public for this one stupid act, an act that took place in a few seconds and ended in tragedy.

I guess my point is please think about your actions before you do them because the end results could have consequences far beyond your imagination. I know it's easy to get caught up in the moment and not recognize the potential for disaster or affects which could result. But, the next time you race to get through that yellow light or get pissed at that person next to you - or even feel like showing off for that matter - stop and think just for a split second about your actions - think about whether or not the consequences outweigh the opportunity.

Billy Bob 05-16-2001 11:59 AM

Re: Please think about what you do before you do it!

Well said man. I agree completely.
My prayers to all involved.
Lewis T. Scherer

http://www.netlaughter.com/images/billy2.gif
Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

**DONOTDELETE** 05-16-2001 12:39 PM

I've had a couple friends die in similar fashions, and you're right, it is very maddening. If only they had used better judgement in thir actions.

mudslide 05-16-2001 01:20 PM

My heart goes out to ya.I drive a truck for a grocery co.and I see what kind of poor judgement that goes on everyday EVEN with kids in the car.I think we are all guilty of thinking that we have many good years left to build trucks,spend time with family etc.Remember-nobody is promised tomorrow.But most importantly...If you were die tomorrow,where would you go?Not trying to push any of my beliefs,but all of our days are numbered.

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

smitche 05-16-2001 01:57 PM

Amen, I have to agree with you Mud. If there is any question in your mind of where you will go when you pass you're not where you should be with God. Sorry, I to am not trying to push my beliefs on anyone either, I would just like to meet you all someday.

http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_u...raiturtle2.JPG http://suzukisteve.rockcrawler.com

rangerrick 05-16-2001 07:18 PM

MUDSLIDE,SMITCHE,I could not agree more.I have been doing fire/rescue for 30 years,minus two years I took off just because I could not take the wasted life anymore.Its a shame it happens to anybody,but a friend ,family man,i so sorry,take care.I will add you all to the prayer list.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

**DONOTDELETE** 05-16-2001 08:37 PM

I couldn't agree more Pauly,I was a crotch rocket jockey when I was younger.By the grace of GOD I survived many runs from the police at speeds over 150 mph.I look back now and it makes me sick,I could have killed myself or innocent people.Mt prayer are with you and all involved.
ROB

**DONOTDELETE** 05-17-2001 12:37 AM

Very well said, I have a friend that I keep telling you need to becarful you need to slow down but he just does not listen I saw him pass between 2 cars on a double yellow line just the other day and told him he is going to kill him self I know it is going to happen someday and he will hert a lot of people including his wife and son age 4. but he thinks it won't happen to me I know he hits 150 every day going to work he says it is a rush and loves it it just makes me mad to knowing I can't really do any thing about it and I'm going to lose a friend because of a stupid bike that he can't respect [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE** 05-17-2001 07:40 AM

I work for a company where I drive a company vehicle about 4000 to 5000 miles a month (honest). I am on call about once a month. One of our responsibilities is to put out some sort of a driver saftey message each week that we are on call.
One of the things we try to pass on to others is that if you are not worried about yourself, think about the other people who are effected by your actions. Wife, kids, mother, father, other people who would be in an accident with you... the list goes on and on. I have on many occasions pulled over to let someone just go.
So please be careful out there. There are alot of people in this world that have absolutly no respect for human life.

Capn, I will say a prayer for your friend and his family.

God Bless

Eric

Turn it till it breaks, then back off 1/4 turn
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX
2000 Suzuki Esteem seats
2" Calmini S/R