Damn.... got hit in the rear....EDITED - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 03:21 AM
JKing

Damn.... got hit in the rear....EDITED

there I was waiting at a junction stop sign and an drunk hit me from behind.... bumper twisted and lamps broken.......
aaargh...... never knew the bumper strength is next to a coke can.....

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (known as Jimny SJ413 in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires, 1" Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Tokico Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 03:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Damn.... got hit in the rear....

Good hear you are ok, now would be good time for heavy duty
bumper upgrade.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 08:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

glad you are ok man. the zuk can always be fixed. HUMMM?!?! bumper time?????
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 08:42 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Damn, those rear bumpers are rare, made of gold they are, very hard to replace. Same with the lamps, they aren't made anymore, make sure you tell the insurance company that, and you WON'T settle for anything "used", it's just not reliable. Then point them to the best aftermarket bumper manufacturer you can find, and let them know what you'll accept.

Make sure you have the Zuki gone over to see if the frame is bent, it'd suck if it was.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 09:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

glad your ok, i just found a web sight of a guy that makes look-a-like suzuki bumbers but i think he makes them out of heavyer steel instead of tin, he also sells samurai look-a-like light assembilies, as soon as i remember who it is ill post it

87 samurai convertable
4 inches of lift
225 75 r15
2 inch exhaust catless
removable doors
coming soon:
lowrange cam
snorkel
on board air

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 09:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

P.S. the reason i didnt save the sight to my favorites is because i dont have factory bumbers or lights

87 samurai convertable
4 inches of lift
225 75 r15
2 inch exhaust catless
removable doors
coming soon:
lowrange cam
snorkel
on board air

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 11:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

*snip* never knew the bumper strength is next to a coke can *snip*

I knew someone who glued together 3 dozen coke cans and used it for a bumper. It faired better than stock. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Don't sweat the bumper, man. Be happy you're okay.

Take JEEPN's advice and have the frame check. It doesn't take much to tweek the frame on these tin cans.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 11:53 AM
JKing

Guys,

Thanks for the comforting words...... yeah....maybe I should look into stronger bumper this time..
and... we still have the lights here.... brand new even but they do cost some money as we all know that the suzuki is not a vehicle that is common. Common vehicles in Malaysia are like toyotas, hondas and the mitsubishi... The lamps here cost US$60 each... bumpers not sure but I guess if I look hard enough, I'll be able to get a new one from some parts dealer.

Thanks again and boy am I glad I'm OK....

JKing
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires, 1" Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Tokico Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 01:07 PM

Are you even required to have insurence over there? If so, and the other guy doesnt, does yours cover you when its not your fault? That really sucks, but at least you can apply your $ (if you get any) to a sturdy bumper. I have a mint rear bumper, but shipping would kill you to get it there. Sucks....Let us know what you do. Mark is right though, if you do have insurence, do not accept used parts and go to a sammi dealer and see if they can give you a nice big quote on fixing it. Take your oem check and buy a yankee off road bumper or something of the like.... Glad your ok, Max

post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 10:46 PM
JKing

Re: Damn.... got hit in the rear.... EDITED

Max,

Yeah , we are all required to have yearly registration and insurance over here but don't have emission unless a commercial vehicle.

However, If you race your car on the race tracks, you don't need a yearly registration but still need insurance and certification.

Lamps and bumpers could still be bought here but at a sum that I feel not worth since the bumper is like a coke can and a little hard to source since it a SUZUKI !!!. Yeah!!!!

The price of the lamps are US$60 a pair. sorry I gave out the wrong info as "a piece".... As you should know. Malaysia is a multi-race and language country, When I asked the parts guy they replied in chinese and things get screwed up sometimes when tranlated. why can't all parts retailer speak English...... hmmm......

JKing
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode