Big Ugly Pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Big Ugly Pics

Okay, some of you asked for em, so here they are. The first one is how big Ugly looks from the front. The second is from the side as it looks with the Police stripes left on it. The last one is the other side. Yes, that is gray primer. The brown paint is so cheap, that the stripes peeled the paint to the primer. It came off so easy I wondered if it would just all come off. Yep, two beers later, and with a flat razor blade it all peeled right off in plastic strips right to the primer WITHOUT damaging the primer. So, after tomorrow, both sides should be back to primer ready to scuff for the Krylon camo paint job. The top and hood seems to have stuck okay, so it will just get scuffed as well, must have been different kids at the vo-tech school shooting it????? And, if anyone has never had the pleasure of changing a brake rotor on a Dana 44, lets just say it would qualify as a right of passage to manhood. The rotor is pressed on to the hub, and when you pull the rotor, it pulls the bearing seal and the rear bearing out. You have to replace everything, seals, bearings, hub, rotor, the whole shooting match. One nice thing about being an ex military truck, there are tons of new surplus parts available on the net. Local parts store wanted $350.00 for the rotor, seals, two bearings, and pressing everything off/on. I got the complete assembly, plus a new full cab rubber mat, new dash gauge bezel (2 ft long), all the missing underhood rubber bumpers, voltage regulator for the gauges, and a full set of brake pads for $310.00! Almost as cheap as a Zuk! Now were ready to hall the load down to Ranger Ricks, and I found a new aluminum cap that was a left over that they swapped me for the 5 year old glass cap off my short bed Dodge, and it is a nice camo brown to boot! We be Zuk towing in style.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-424445-MVC-310F.JPG (86.7 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Re: Big Ugly Pics

Shot number two.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-424446-MVC-311F.JPG (96.9 KB, 4 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Shot number three.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-424450-MVC-312F.JPG (83.9 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 09:46 PM

Tim,

That is one UGLY truck! I just threw up my lunch!!

just kiddin'!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:55 PM

Kinda looks like a big TURD with racing stripes. Must be from the corn in it:^)

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 11:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i dissagree man, i personally think it looks good. the brown leaves a lil to be desired, but it is sweeeeet. dont forget though, im strange to start with.
lookin forward to fab fest man!!!
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 06:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

re: the krylon camo paint, I have ahd some problems with cans of it. Either have them shook in a paint
mixer or shake the hell out of them (The pigment is very heavy.) Also Rustolum just came out with camo paint too around here it is $3.oo a can cheaper. SO I am going to that for my rattle can camo needs.
(A bit quicker than the paint brush I used for the origianal coats on the wildweasel.) I will be repainting the weasel for the Melt with the Rustolum. Just FYI have fun and wear your protective mask guy! (I know you will but I had to add it in for the Kids...)

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

The razor blade works great, the primer is very hard, and the brown paint just skins off, it does not leave a mark on the primer at all, and it is FAST! You couldn't do that with a decent paint job, you would dig into the primer.

TGT - NCO

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 10:21 AM

The razor blade works great, the primer is very hard, and the brown paint just skins off, it does not leave a mark on the primer at all, and it is FAST!

guest thats why they call it MACH 3 ... ;o)

Tim, i personally find your truck looking cool.... and i am pretty sure we "4x4 people" have a screwed up sense of estetic.

i even find my new acquisition "marginally beautiful" -> girlfriend couldn't disagree more ;o) - see foto for ghetto-look - gotta dig thos VW lights on a Jeep ...jejeje

later
alfred

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-424744-u-50azulrear-izqu.jpg (51.4 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode