Anton and Geoff - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anton and Geoff

hi, Geoff did you make a write up of when you put teh wheelers offroad brushguard? im defintely getting it. I have a tow bar thing that hooks up to the frame... is this going to be a problem? Does that brushguard hook on to the frame? ill post some pics later of where the bar hooks up.

thx

~Goot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 11:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anton and Geoff

i just took a look at the website, doesnt look like it will be too much of a problem. gonna give em a call when i get home. thx anyways [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

~Goot
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 11:57 AM
zukiman

Hey Goot,

It really just depends on how the tow bar bolts to the frame. The Wheeler's bumper (http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/reviews/wheelerbump.htm) mounts to the frame in the same place as most bumpers, but it also has additional bracketry that might interfere, depending on how your tow bar is designed. The best advice would be for you to try to compare the pics of the installed bumper to your own Samurai, and call Gary Wheeler to ask him about it.

Good luck! I guarantee you'll love this bumper. My old Calmini bumper was all munched when I replaced it with this bumper, and in 2 years I haven't been able to put a single dent into it. Scratches and gouges, yes....but dents, no. Major "beefiness"! It would be my recommendation for you to modify your tow bar to mount to this bumper because that would be stronger than mounting it to the frame.

-- Geoff Beasley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2001, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thx Geoff! i think i will have to do a little fabbing of my own, but it is a very handsome looking brushguard! gonna order, made up my mind! YYYYYAAAAHHHHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

~Goot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode