axles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 01:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

axles

Time has become so far to change axles. It`s enough of broken axle parts. Every drive ends with something broken. My first idea was little Unimog axles, unbreakable even with 39x18 bogger and wheels stays on ground, good height between axle and ground, manual diff locks with axle. But if i saw axles i realized that they make my zuki widht and weight of hummer and its dream to use zuki for everyday rides. Next idea was Volvo Laplander (newer model) axles, not so hard as Unimog, also not so wide and heavy. Manual diff locks and * (whatever it is tip of mog axles, lift axle self higher). On weight of zuki they are quite unbreakable. Only thing is that they are very hard to get. Price is same what pays used Suzuki Sammy. Third idea was UAZ military axles. Russian army jeep, axles like Mog or Laplander only lighter, no diff locks yet. Automatic diff locks come end of this year (for everyday use automatic diff lock in Estonia are not good idea - specially in winter) UAZ military axles are quite strong like most russian military staff (boys drilled a hole in a PTR diff locker two day !!!), 36" bogger should be good.
Zuki axle i lifted myself, to lift unimog axle we need four men, Laplander axle should be abaut two men and UAZ 1,5.
Do enyone know more same type axles (whatever it is tip of axle - i do not know how they call it in english).
Suspension gona be coil suspension. That does not matter that axles itself use spring over or under axle.
Big mog axles are most insanest idea.
Im intrested every kind of suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 01:28 PM

Re: axles

Keep your weight down and use the newer toyota axles with the high pinion diffs and electric lockers. Light and very strong for up to 35' tires no problem.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 02:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yeah, go for the Toyota Axles, they are a very good swap for the Zuk! Also you could go with Dana 44's! they are a bit wider then the Toyota axles and weigh more. There are a few wright ups about the Dana 44 swap, some guy in Canada has them with a Chevy 4.3L V6 engine! I'm at work and don't have my links with me, but someone else might be able to help ya out.

-Brian
<font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 02:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What kin of toyota axles do you mean? My father recommended me G-Mercedes, but one team in club just jumped them to curve. And for price of Danas I can buy four sammy.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 03:02 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The Landcruser axles are the best to use, but I've got some from a 88 Toyota pick-up truck! You can also get the high pinion diff's and that will help out on the driveshaft angles! The Toyota axles that I have, have 4.11:1 ring and pinion gears in them stock!

-Brian
<font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 03:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Im still looking axles (whatever mounted to tip). Our club presitent have Laplander axles under his sammy, using 35" yet, 39" are shipped. Only cars i know that type of axles are Unimogs (still truck), military UAZ, Volvo Laplander, and tractors (tractors are ment for ploughing field and couse of that tractor nose must be haeavy and nobody even had not think to save metal - tractor axles take me straight to hell)
PTR have (god - whatever it is) mounted on tip of axles,
but PTR is 8 ton armored car. I don`t wanna belive that Laplander and UAZ are only normal car in world whose axles are made (whatever it is) on tip of axles. I know many tanks and truks whit that type of axles. But stay on cars.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 04:31 PM

Were are you? that would help

Trail Walking(arkansas trails) on Tenn Walkers , the first 4X4[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Home Pagehttp://home.talkcity.com/SparkplugSt/trailwalker1/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 04:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

country called Estonia. Little country west side russia.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

get toyota pickup truck axles from years 79-85. they are a great set of axles.i ran the land cruiser axles before , and i thought it was just to much overkill for 35's.the 4-link coil setup is just about done and the centred diff in the rear makes the coil setup alot easier to plan out.

88 sami ,twin cam ,35" thorbirds ,14" lift ,warn 8000 ,98 4runner seats ,toy axles ,flames ,coils goin under the reir
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 05:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

what is the weight of those axles, is somewhere in web more information about them.

If those are axles of Toyota Hi-Lux, then so much as i know they are toyota lightest axles, unfortunately no factory diff locks added, and in here are quite hard to find them, and if i remember well hi-lux original tire are smaller than UAZ orginal tire. Hilux axles had hard to find, it means they are expensive, one offer were 1700$ both axle,
UAZ axles pays in shop 650$. Some peopels talk that toyota land cruisler 70 axles are good, factory diff locks (manual).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode