Fender Flare Extentions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 12:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fender Flare Extentions

I guess I am joining the league of "Lawn Edging Flares". I installed my first one today, and before I proceed any further, I need some feedback.
I noticed in the other threads on "Lawn Edging" that there were numerous mentions of sheet metal screws, pop rivets, brackets, etc. I just trimmed the lip off of the original plastic flare, and the retaining strips off the edging (I left the round part on, as it seems to add strength). Then I drilled holes in the edging and installed the edging and the flare on top of the original flare bracket and fastened them back on with the nylon fastners (suzuki calls them fender clips) I was able to salvage and some similar fastners from Autozone.
Is there some reason I should have used the above mentioned sheet metal screws, etc.?
Picture of installed flare flares01.jpg

<A HREF="http://kendig.terrashare.com/suzuki.htm" target="_new">
Da Zuk kendig.terrashare.com/suzuki.htm</A>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 01:34 AM

Re: Fender Flare Extentions

the screws and clips i use are really good becuase there screws, not cheap stock plastic snap things, and you can crank them down right. as well as there easy to remove, put in and good for this project.. i know JEEPN had some pix of them..

87 samurai, 33" mud tyres, rear locker, baby rock lobster, fast back bestop top, custom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, expander shackles, rear springs up front, cj's in rear, lawn edging flares
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 11:00 AM
Keyboard Implanted

The flare looks good, I'm about to do that mod to my zuk here soon! With the 16" wide Boggers on 10" rims they stick out far, all the cops are looking at me everytime I drive by! I'm just glad that I have out of state plates.

-Brian
<font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 12:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Koma, nice job on the flairs. I might try the clips first myself. If I hit them hard enough, maybe the clip would break off before the flair breaks up. Just carry extra clips.

John
87 suzuski samurai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode