Funny things happened on the way to work yesterday - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-05-2001, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Funny things happened on the way to work yesterday

I'd had some noise from the old zuk for a while but when I checked the tranfer case and tranny fluids all seemed well (only replaced them about 20,000 miles ago). My gas mileage too was holding at a respectable 26mpg- essentially this daily-driver was (apart from a few noises doing well for being a 1987 with 110,000 miles!

But hit the interstate yesterday accelerated towards my cruising speed of 65 mph when the shudder arrived followed quickly by what sounded like a canon being fired under my nose. Then all hell broke loose- literally- as the drive shaft separated from the rear end of the tranny and tried to join me in the passenger compartment. The aluminium casing (note UK spelling) where gear shifter attaches to the Zuk sheared off leaving only those four little boot cover bolts holding it in place. More impressive is the way the drive shaft peeles the sheet metal under the carpet apart!!!!

I shall try to borrow a digital camera to post some jpgs- you'll all get a kick!!!!

So thankfully I can ride the enduro to work until I get a cheap replacement tranny- got a lead on this though.

What I am stuck without is a drive shaft from transmission to transfer case. Anyone got one they would like to part with for a reasonable fee?

Send me an e-mail to [email protected]

My Samurai has years of life left in it and so I will get her back on the road come hell or high water.

Post away
Jack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 06:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Funny things happened on the way to work yesterday

welcome to broken drive shaft club a day you will remember.

Jack looking forward to seeing pic your pics I had that
happen once on dodge fan 65mph makes hell--alotta noise as
it spins around beating roadway and under carriage. Good
hear that you did not get hurt wild drive shaft fly around
like giant can opener can cause some major damage and in
some cases has flipped vehicles.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2001, 08:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Funny things happened on the way to work yesterday

hey man, welcome to our happy/demented lil family.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] shoot me a email later reminding me to go look on my parts rig. i THINK i got a spare shaft i can send you.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode