Toy 22r and tranny - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 02:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Toy 22r and tranny

I have been kickin around the idea of the Toy 22r in the zuk. bet it would scoot. found one with tranny for $150. dont know if anyting is wrong with it. What would i do for the xfer case? trying to hurry b/c a deal like that is sure to go quick. havent talked to the guy yet.

any sites on more info for this swap?
thx in advance

~Goot [img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\New Folder\kPsychoticSmiley.jpg[/img]
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 04:35 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Toy 22r and tranny

yOU MIGHT GO TO THE TOYOTA BOARD AND ASK THEM WHAT THEY HAVE FOUND THAT BOLTS UP WITHOUT A LOT OF WORK,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 04:53 PM

Friend of mine put a 22r/auto in his Zuk. He extended the frame and the frontclip, wheelbase is 101". Used the stock t-case.

87 Samurai- 5.12's locked up,4340 front,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" exhaust and Durabak inside and out.
92 Samurai- Its next!!!

Zookin- a family affair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 05:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Slowpoke, how well does your friends' truck work with this combination? Any problems or things he would have done differently if he had to do it again? How far did he extend the front clip, and was it done because of limited space in the engine compartment or to give him more room for the driveshaft? My nextdoor neighbor has an '83 Toyota 2wd pick-up with the 22r and auto tranny, with only about 90,000 miles on it, and it looks like it's mine when he finally decides to buy a new car.

Anyone know how well the Samurai transfercase would work with this power and 35" tires? I have front and rear Dana 44s out of a '74 Cherokee just in case the axles don't hold up (they're narrow-track with the proper rear offset), but I'm mostly concerned with the transfercase.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 05:56 PM

From what I have seen RGD it works damn good. Its ugly as can be, but its strictly a trail rig. Not sure on the lengths he extended, i'll find out all the info on it this weekend and post some pics. He cut the frame just below the rear of the doors and extended it about a foot or so. On the front clip, looks like its extended a foot or so too. He cut and welded metal in on the fenders. he is running 33's on stock zuk t-case and axles, welded up rear. He has already flipped it once, nothing broken so far. Which is pretty good, cuz he hammers the dog out of it.

87 Samurai- 5.12's locked up,4340 front,hybrid rear,4.16's,P/S.,Toy. carb.,DT header, 33's, 2" exhaust and Durabak inside and out.
92 Samurai- Its next!!!

Zookin- a family affair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode