Body Lift - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 11:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Body Lift

Hey Folks,

I know I have brought this topic up before but I need one last piece of clarification. I have made the 6 solid ally mounts that go under the central area of my rig. Now the two in the front end and the two in the rear end need to me made.

My question is: do the HAVE to be made from plastic? Can they be made from metal? What problems can arise from making them out of Metal?

thanks again for your help.

ps: I'll also be posting pics of my custom dash gauge replacement kit that I have made. This kit replaces the following parts of the dash.

1> The speedo and odometer panel
2> The fuel and temp panels
3> Air conditioning panel

(the kit has been made for the 85 Sammy. So if you have the same dash I can supply you with a kit)

The kits I'm doing can have your own custom graphics on them. For example, mine has an ocean them with my graphic design company logo it. Pics should be coming very soon. If you have another sort of dash then I'll see what I can do to accommodate you.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 11:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Body Lift

My first body lift was from square metal tube. Just make sure its beefy enough metal stock.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 12:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok kewl.......I think solid alluminium will do the trick.

but CAN the front two and the rear two mounts be METAL? or do they have to be plastic (like boat roller stuff?)

thanks.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 02:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I did the Square metal tube all around I got it in 1/4" thick walls. took it to a metal shop and they cut an drilled the peices for $10. Allot easer then doing it my self.

Loco

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2001, 06:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Skip, I guess you can use metal, my friend has metal on his rig, but I don't think its as good as my front HARD plastic ones! I'd get the "boat roller" stuff and go from there! The boat roller stuff can be cut to your own length and then you might have to drill a hole in the center and get longer bolts to fit! Its up to you and what you want to do.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue><font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode