RRO 4.16 Transfer Case Gears - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 06:57 PM
ronin

RRO 4.16 Transfer Case Gears

I am going to be purchasing a new set of transfer case gears in the next few days. I am still trying to decide between the GRS 1 from Petroworks and the Suzuki 4.16 Gears from RRO. I have heard a lot of good about the petroworks kit. The RRO gears are a little cheaper and I want to get the most for my money. Has anybody had any experience with the RRO kit or the full case?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 07:11 PM

Re: RRO 4.16 Transfer Case Gears

This does not answer your question, but if you are just going to purchase the gears I would also consider Calmini one piece gear and Trail Tough t-case gears. Trail Tough has the reputation for being extremely customer service oriented and that has been my experience in the past.

-Farther
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 07:34 PM
ronin

Thanks Farther, I hadn't thought of Trail Tough. Anybody have any experience with their kit? They look like they have the best price of all![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 10:00 PM
monty

I have got 4.16 gears from Trail tough . Installed and running good as . Service was top notch too .

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I installed trail Tough's 4.16 gears and I'm very pleased with them. His customer service is EXCELLENT ! He is more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.All of the parts for my Samurai came from Brent with the exception of the 3 core radiator that came from Gary at Petroworks and his customer service is excellent as well. Get the Trail Tough gears and you'll be pleased!
ROB

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 09:11 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I can't remember who, but someone on this board said the the RRO 4.16 gear set was EASY to install! I was going to get them, and I should of, but my money is going into my toyota axles and 4.3L engine. I'm thinking about a used GRS II, just can't find anyone that wants to get rid of them!

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue><font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

While John ('Farther') does have some sort of silly little unknown bias against us, our gears are absolutely top notch.

Ours are built from the tried and true SUZUKI GENUINE gears. Ours are also TIG welded which some of the others on this list are not. A much stronger system for hardened steel. We do a 5-pass TIG weld in a compression jig which disallows any movement of the gears for true alignment. We also hone the inside for a clean and quiet riding finish. Oil ports on the cluster gear are also fully open for good oil circulation (we've seen other gears on the market which actually covered those holes!). Unlike other gears on the market, ours come with a LIFETIME warranty for as long as you own the vehicle.

Finally, our photographs on the instructions are clear and easy to see. Every set is printed, not Xeroxed, to be absolutely clear. Its well known that our instructions are the easiest to folllow in the industry. This can make a difference if the result in an improper installation is to screw up a set of several hundred $ gears.

We will be caught up on gears, have them in stock, and on the shelf by the end of the first week in May. We offer our basic kit for $399. Or the deluxe kit with bearings, gaskets, thrust washers, ect for $490.

PS. If you call on the 1-piece gears, ask what happened to Jessika's set.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 12:28 PM

Glenn: Please do not read too much into it. Competition is healthy for the consumer. Before making a purchase a consumer needs to consider other options if they are not aware of them. My post was not intended as an attack on RRO.

-Farther
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Noted. Competition is good. Apologies for the inference.

Seems like some out there go out of their way to steer folks away from some of our great stuff. Sorry if I lumped you into that assemblage of ineptitude.

http:// www.rocky-road.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 04:41 PM
Alfie

Being in business is tough. A man doesn't need someone else damaging his business for him.
I'm not saying that this damage is always done on purpose, but people have bias' which they use to guide other people in the direction they choose. This is either conscious or sub conscious, we'll never know cos the persons concerned will never admit to it.
I have been importing kayaks from the States and Canada for a few years only to watch as some "good hearted Cretins GUIDE others away from my business. They just offer their GOOD advice. This advice is never in my direction. The end result is i'm closing up. Back to my roots, burning petrol.
A KDX and my ZOOK, and the people with the biased GOOD advice can go $^@* themselves.
Alfie.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode