bought a 95 16v! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

bought a 95 16v!

I was able to pick up a 95 geo tracker today with the sixteen valve engine in it at an auction today. I see them pass thru fairly rarely, but it looks as if im going to put it under the hood. Kinda wish that there was a transfer case gear reduction for the thing and a good lift kit since i like them better then sammis anyway on the inside. This one is a prime example of road trash though. Tiny mag rims with 235/50/15 rims on them. Just the kind you see and think, wow what a waste of a four wheel drive system. At least its a sure bet its never been engaged. What i dont see and have not ever seen is a two wheel drive tracker/ sidekick at these auctions. I want one for the transmission to bolt up to this engine. Any way, just posting an update on my quest for more power. Max

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 01:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: bought a 95 16v!

Well I still have the kick body up back, I am thinking of getting rid of it soon.. (Chop Chop go's the sawsall...)
I don't know how I missed your call BTW.. I had the portable on..

Glenn
87' Zook Spoa,M/L 33's, 4.16 tcase,4.62 gears Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Lockers, 8klb winch, -Wildweasel2 NE4WI- club http://www.cs.umass.edu/~glenn/personal.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Whats nice is i got power steering with it, so heidi's rig is set too. I called becuase i wanted to talk to you about a rear hybrid axle hobby you where mentioning. I have some of the parts you might need. i will call soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 01:34 PM
mike shannon

hey max they have come out with a 4 to 1 gear set for the tranny but i think it cost about 1k. i have to admit that the 16v motor is a runner i have one in the wifes 97 tracker 2wd 4 door and it hauls a$$. well glad to here about your deal later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 01:49 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Man, the way things are going for you, you'd better go by some lottery tickets, and quick.

Glad to hear you got one, what a rig you're going to have. You gonna use the Kick frame to handle all those extra horses?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Actually the reason i got it so cheap was the engine was mounted to a JEEP frame and the guy must have floored it because it just snapped the frame in half! But what else would you expect? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Really Mark, i am not sure yet if im going to keep it, because i might just sell it as a rebuilder and wait for one that has under a 110k on the engine. Not that the mileage really scares me, but it would be nicer to have a little lower mileage to start with, and i can afford to be choosy now.

Glenn, was good to talk with you on the phone. I think Tim, you and I should confrence call sometime, thatd be a hoot.

Tim , i have yet to recieve the letter, but i did register with paragon. Max

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 05:29 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Jeep frames suck, no doubt about it.

Hey, did you check on the YJ roll bar?

I mailed out the registration stuff today, look for it in the next day or so.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2001, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

No i wasnt at the yard today cause i work a double on wednesdays. I just told you last night too on the phone, but i could have called. Hey its 1800 771 1171. But i can also check tommorow if i can remember after the auction. To tell you the truth, i am having problems with a few of the parts people, namely the counter guy because i believe he is a bit upset that i walked in and started auctions and thats what he would have liked to do. Needless to say, he doesnt quote me the best prices anymore. I generally deal with andrew whom stays late, so i try to talk to him one on one after everyone goes home. Max

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode