New to Suzuki BBS, Have a few Questions... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 06:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New to Suzuki BBS, Have a few Questions...

Hey all, I have been hanging around checking out all the good info! I am an EX-Jeep man (cj7,cj5,yj,& 2 TJs)--my Dad has an 88.5 Sami that I can remember trying to talk myself out of liking back in the Jeep days. I am now trying to find a decent Sami to buy/will be buying one with in a month if I can find one. Couple of ? though, I have found a couple late models that have no ac--live in TX and cant live w/o ac--will the older model ac units (the whole works) fit in the newer model w/o much trouble? Anyone live in my area who knows where I can find parts? I have really enjoyed all the info, alot of my questions have been answered just by the "search". I look forward to posting again---esp. after I get a zuki!!!
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 07:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: New to Suzuki BBS, Have a few Questions...

Hi Big Steve,welcome to the board.I cant help much on the A/C ???,but just wanted to say hey,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 07:41 PM

Well I don't know what to tell you, except that I don't live anywhere near you, so thats no help. Perhaps one of the true Sammy nuts on this board will help you. Later!!!

-How many injuries or mishaps have happend after saying to you friends, "Hey, Watch this!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 07:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

welcome aboard our happy lil family man. i dont know of any reason that the ac wont swap from a early model to a late model zuk. if you got a line on a late model efi zuk, i would jump on it even with no air. that efi is sweeeeet on one. as far as parts your way, i have no idea, there are a few fellers on here from texas though, prolly need to hook up wit them.
later
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 08:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Easiest thing to do is get a Sam with onboard AC, But Sam with AC are hard to find.

I was ready fly anywhere to buy one and drive it home.

Search Net for Sam with AC and hardtop found only four for sale in all of North America. One in Canada,one in Calif. one in Tenn. incrediably other just up road from me in Ohio.

Sam found using excite.com classified.

Did this 1999 as net as gotten bigger and better you find
one near you. good luck...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2001, 10:02 PM

I know it's hot in Texas but when you turn thgat AC on you're gonna feel like your hung up on something and your Sami will slow to a crawl. I've had 2 with AC and it wasn't worth the trouble of finding them.

just my $.02

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Seen many neg post low power output on Samurai my Sam has
plenty of power.

Can only speak about power of Sam in picture pic shows front pass side but what you do not see still tied to rear frame is 1" rope this little Sam snapped it instantly while pulling out new huge extended cab ford pickup truck that was stuck in mud last week. Replace rope with two heavy duty tow straps Sam dug in and pull truck from its mud trap.

Samurai in pic is pure stock, when AC on max and stuffed with 200lbs hand tools and power tools note very little power loss run 55-60Mph easy and normal.

Use cheapest fuel you can get, stock Sam like it.
Use best trans and gear lub that money can buy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-406417-Kando.jpg (49.7 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2001, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

Going slow and being cool are beter than going a little faster and being hot.I don't see that much difference in having the a/c on or off,its still slow.If you don't get one with a/c its not hard to put on yourself,takes about 3 hours to do the install.If you find a unit in a junkyard or other palce DO take it out youself that way you know how it goes back in and you get all the fastner's and fitting that way.If I was looking a installing one today I'd also look into a 134A retro-fit as R-12 has really gone sky hi this year

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode