Engine Swap - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 09:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Engine Swap

Can anyone tell me what you have to do to swap a Fuel injected 1.3l into a carbed zuk. My buddy wants to put in a 93 fuel injected motor into his 87. Do you have to swap the ECM ? Fuel Tanks? Thanks in advance.

Rick

87 zuk, 1.6 VW Diesel, SPOA, Rear springs up front, CJ Springs in rear, Missing links all around, GRS 2, Detroits Front & Rear, 33"Goodyear MT/R, ARB bumper, Warn 8000, Breeze Crossover steering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 10:09 PM

Re: Engine Swap

Do a search on this bbs. The subject has been covered in some detail before. But if you have access to all the parts you mentioned, get them all.

-Farther
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 10:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I tried a search, but I couldnt turn up anything. Has anyone done this swap, that could tell me whats exactly involved.
Thanks again,

Rick

87 zuk, 1.6 VW Diesel, SPOA, Rear springs up front, CJ Springs in rear, Missing links all around, GRS 2, Detroits Front & Rear, 33"Goodyear MT/R, ARB bumper, Warn 8000, Breeze Crossover steering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 11:15 PM

pretty complex... But not too bad if you have the itme.

Basically, for an easy swap you need everything from the donor. You'll need the engine bay wiring and the wiring behind the dash, I belive you need the gauge cluster too. You'll either need the gastank or splice an inline fuel punp into the system. You'll need to mate the EFI engine compartment wiring harness to the early one which will mean you'll need to get wiring diagrams of both. It's not impossible but it is a lot of work. Plan on lots of hours and a straight mind (no beer or other intoxicants) to get it to run great. I've thought about this set up myself as I know where there's a good 1.3 EFI intake just sitting but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

That's about all I can do to help...

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 01:09 AM

You might try talking to Brent at Trail Tough. I know that he swaps in the FI in quite a few Samurai. He also sells the FI/Carb swap wiring harness.

-Farther
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 02:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ive swaped the whole 91 swift twincam in my sami. its not hard at all. all you will need is the wirering harness from the swift ,computer to mount under the dash, a high pressure electic fuel pump i have the carter # if you want it, a electric fan. and a couple other little things.
I moved the engine forward a 1 1/2" to keep my heater core.and made both engine mounts and a tranny mount.you dont need the gauge cluster or the swift gas tank. I live in bc so if your ever up here come take a look.

88 sami ,twin cam ,35" thorbirds ,14" lift ,warn 8000 ,98 4runner seats ,toy axles ,flames ,coils goin under the reir
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 11:24 AM

I just ran across this site on the internet. It may help.
http://www.users.qwest.net/~astein19...injection.html

-Farther
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 11:29 AM

Click

http://www.users.qwest.net/~astein19...injection.html

Big Bear,

I'm not crazy,I'm perfectly INSANE![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-20-2001, 02:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Farther, trail tough's swap harness goes for $400 before shipping. Pretty steep.

I just finished a GM EFI harness for a friend using OEM connectors and chemical resistant wire from an online wire and cable store for less than $100.

If you're going to do an EFI swap you'd be better off (In my opinion, take that for what it's worth!) picking up the wiring diagrams and putting a harness together yourself. It's not a difficult job at all. Labeling both ends of your wires and giving yourself an extra bit of length is 90% of the tough stuff.

My .02

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode