t/case gearing - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 07:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

t/case gearing

I have an interesting situation. I still have the 2wd(dont have time to hunt down parts or do the conversion) but someone has informed me that the gear ratio, which would have to be a high gear, is not the same as the 4wd's(1.409) does anybody know if this true??

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/1.6(soon)
72 landcruiser/crate 350/33's/discs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 07:29 PM

Re: t/case gearing

The article on izook.com does not mention that at all, and they did the conversion without a hitch really. Why do you ask if your not doing the conversion? Just curious?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 07:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I plan to do it in the summer(make it one heck of a beach buggy) beacause right now I am working and saving my money to do a whole bunch of stuff to it. By the way I am only 16 I attend Sandalwood high School,playing football just in case you see me on T.V. one day(he-he!) but I know a lot more about samaruis than you probably think!

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/1.6(soon)
72 landcruiser/33's/crate 350/discs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:02 PM

Actually it wouldnt surprise me. If you hang around a while, you shall see that little 13 year old Mr know it all Anton, whom does just about know it all for samuri's. The guy never ceases to amaze me, and has shown us all, that age has little if anything to do with knowlege, experience does.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good god man! I was just being told by my dad that I was getting his zook at 12-13 so I have been researching since then but to be 13 and knowledgeable whoa! he has helped me out before and he sounded to me like another Glenn wakefield or somebody with a l-o-t of experience

Thanx
92 Zuki/235's/1.6(soon)/ Still building!
72 landcruiser/33's/crate 350/discs

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:18 PM

Well dont get too impressed. He's all that, but i should remind you that (dare i say it) He is canadian. Just so you know (long winters, no citys, and way too much time on his hands without heat in his garage). And as for Glenn Wakefield, You believe anything that man says? Dont get me started boy, you think war and peace was a long book you dont want to read all i got to say. LMAO, Im just kidding. Their both good people, and will be here a lot longer then i will, im sure of that.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

That is cool to here! Does he even have a Zuki? cause it would shoe how reliable these little suckers are, trust me mine has been fully football player loaded before and I still have stock gearing(really should sacrifice $200+ and get the right gearing cause it is killin' my engine)with 235s!

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:31 PM

How are you going to get the right gearing for 200+ dollars? Its 200 a set and there are two sets! Thats the bad news, but you should do the transfer case first, unless your putting in a locker, then it makes sense to do the r/ps at the same time. But setting it up is not something to do without real supervision from a mechanic. Glenn had to help me like 5 or 6 times before i could get the feel for it, plus my pin holder was a botch and i had to grind my welds down. But thats Glenn Loud, the other expert Glenn on this board. You got to watch him too, he's a scottish fabricator.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 08:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yeah I am in a changing sort of mind right now. I have the money to do cool stuff like put a 1.6'er in it but I also know that if I stayed stock with some things I could do other cool stuff like change it 2 a 4wd and lift it, but I think I will have my mind made up with what I am going to do by the time I am ready to bust out the ATM and start at ground zero!

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/1.6(soon)/still building!
72 landcruiser/crate 350/33's/discs

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-19-2001, 10:21 PM

LOL...
STUDLYBILLY, yes i do have a zuk, 3 of them accually. Theres some pictures at http://www.photopoint.com
Ive been interested in zuks since i was 10, got one at 11, and at 13 now, i have 3..
I know how the money situation is, even worse for me becuase i cant get a real job till im 15 or somthing.
by the way, thanks for all the nice comments :-)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12628719&f=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12573293&f=0
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12583162&f=0
Heres the links directly to the photos. My truck is the black one. Il get you some pix of my 83 later

Anton

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode