Long time no talk too.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Long time no talk too....

Hello everyone, its been a while since i last posted. I wanted to say how things were going and touch bases so that anyone who wondered might have some answers. I work seven days a week now and sometimes doubles as my jobs require me to do. I have not had time to post to the board much less work on my rig. However next week i will start the registration proccess to jump thru hoops for paragon. Glenn i hope to drive with you and Allen and zooky if he's going and whomever else. After my almost three week vacation, i came home tired weiry and feed up with suzuki people for the most part. It just happened that i had a turn of bad luck with several people in trying to purchase whole sammi's and parts. I looked foward to meeting Ranger Rick, and putting a face to the name, but it just didnt work out. I try to take it in stride, but to be honest driving across the u.s. from oregon to nebraska thinking im going to pick up a rare lj and finding its a busted bottom end no gas tank without brakes got the fuel coming from a 'downy softner" bottle odd rear axle bone dry diff and no exhaust peice of road turd. Well it was a dissapointment and it only seemed to get worse from there. I just needed time off after that (ha and i just had a vacation??) so i threw myself into work, and more work.

A good thing did happen though. I stumbled onto american cars as a curiousity in my line (im an audi guy myself and still am) decided to purchase one that caught my fancy. To make a long story really short.....I bought it for less then a thousand dollars, and sold it for a dollar shy of 15k last month. Thats right put three zeros behind it. Turns out it was a really rare car, and a collecter tracked me down almost instantly and made a ridicoulus offer!! I did some research on why he would offer so much, then raised my price and he agreed without blinking. So i had him write a check to my college and paid off almost all my school loans! If i had taken the money, i would have never paid the school so i figured why tempt myself. The car was a buick regal of all things (gnx). So its like i got rich real quick but not really, at least it helped out my school loans...

One of my jobs for those of you who do not know is, I am being taken in by a salvage yard owner and taught the ropes. Im not sure if i will take his offer to run his business (23 acres of auto recycleing) but i work there four days a week helping it really get a launch in the modern business markets of todays commerce. They have great growth potential but lack in many areas thus far. Right now im going to auctions and purchasing vehicles, which i find fascinating. Its interesting to see the life of a car from auction to parting it down to crushing it for rotating stock on the yard. Its only the 16th and we have had 60 cars come in this month alone! What disturbs me is this is one of those Grand opprotunities that presents itself in life, but is it the one for me, or the one i want. Thats what im trying to find out....

Notes out to some people

Tim, youll here from me next week, im going to paragon. Thanks for all your help. Saw your rig (GV) looks good. I have bf goodwrecks size thirty ones if you want them cheap. I can take pics for you and send them. They are in great shape.

Glenn, wish i could have made it today but you know its not possible without a plate, and really work is just snowballing to something very big. Picked up a surburban today and thought about the tranny. Im getting more power so im hoping that equals better deals. It has so far. Let me know if you got the rebuild kit yet? Are you towing down to paragon? More trucks came in for the toyota's, so i have drive shafts too!

Lowguy, I know you got your mustang, but i wanted to pass on we got that turbo coupe in today you have been curious about. Never seen one close up but your better off with the mustang in my opinion. Also bought a 99 mustang that was smacked in the front, plus a replacement nose as well for 6500. Its a sweet rebuilder.

Besides that, ill try to make it on the board a little more frequently as i get an established pattern of work. See you all at the run in paragon or zukimelt... Oh yeah, it turns out my place is purchasing trackers all the time now since i go to the auctions. So if anyone needs fuel injected engines drop me a line and ill see what it costs. I know we just got three of them in since ive been back these last few weeks. Not only that, it means those people wanting to crawl....i have access to gears as well.

Best wishes all, Max

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 02:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Long time no talk too....

$14k gold profit -GOOD ONE !

It's tough when you have to deal with zukiflakes huh ?

Report in more often- ya bastad !

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 06:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Was wondering what had happen to you. Great to see you back on the board. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 07:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Wecome back, rich man[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]!

We'll talk more now. Glad you're going to Paragon.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 07:54 AM
Loweguy

Hey Max,

Glad to hear you're in one piece. As far as a Mustang, I actually bought a Turbo Coupe. I have already turned it over for a little profit. Saturday I bought an 83 Mercury Zephyr in very nice shape for $150. That is my current toy, besides my Zuki of course.

The salvage operation sounds like an interesting one. I guess with your school and background you will just be considering if this is THE position for you. The way I would look at it is where will it put you in 5 years, or 10. That answer will probably help in your search.

You didn't miss much here. We were wanting to get together for another meet, but everyone has been busy (including me) and then there was Easter. I am on a plane to Atlanta this Friday and gone for another week, so I'm not sure when I will see everyone next. I'm not going to Paragon.

Take care, and glad to see you're still around.

Michael O
-01 Nissan Frontier
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse
-88 Samurai
'Sometimes you're the pigeon, Sometimes you're the statue'
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 11:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

where in the hell did you find a GNX for $1000???????

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 12:38 PM

Hey Max how much do you want for 1 or 2 of the front 3rd members from a manual kick? (Id settle with a auto too)

Anton

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 01:14 PM
I Do This For The Glory

No kidding! And you only got $15K for it? Do you know how RARE those are? I have a friend with a Grand National (smaller and not as hopped up as the GNX) that DREAMS of having one. His GN is so quick you have to be in the other lane when you hit the gas, it'll just about tear the rear end out from under it. It's one of the few vehicles in which I have not been able to reach the dash under acceleration, I can't imagine the GNX. All the tech data on the GNX, under horsepower and torque, simply says "Data not available". I'm glad things are going your way, it's about time.

Glad to hear you're still alive. I'll be down again on the 9th of May for a meeting and traveling back on the 11th. I'd love to stay the weekend, but the town wide lawn sale is on Saturday, and we're putting one on as well (it's gonna pay for Paragon). With any luck I'll grab that Zuki while I'm down there, provided you have no snow anymore.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 02:16 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Max, sorry about the plate, I honestly thought it'd get there in time. I see it wasn't delivered until 10AM on Monday. I'll make it up to you somehow.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 07:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hi max,good to hear from you.I glad your rare find paid off for you.we will meet someday-maybe the melt.take care,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode