spUa csc YJ kit PIX! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 11:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

spUa csc YJ kit PIX!

well, some of ya guys know that me and a buddy set up a small local syracuse run this weekend. my friend jesse ordered a spoa a week ago and we were gonna get it on for sat. well the whole kit wasn't all there yet so i let him borrow my csc kit.we busted ass installing it all night long. got it done by mornin. it gave it 4.5" of lift, enough to clear 31x10.5 swampers. front d/s wasn't happenin. tried cuttin it and lenghthen it but the splines were just too short for the amount of wheel travel. so we ran with 2wd w/ a locker in the rear. the toy shaft has way to short of splines also to work. Zukiman, the stock zuk frame height with 25" tires is 10.25" from the ground. i didn't get a measurement yet on jesse's rig. i'll get it tomorrow for ya. here are some pix.

build it, break it, then build it better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-391952-Image15.jpg (53.8 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:09 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: spUa csc YJ kit

this vehicle tackled rocks easier than the j$$ps with lockers f/r and gears. 2wd was very impressive. so impressive. i gotta buy another kit now cause my friend jesse loves it! hes prolly sellin his spoa kit to my j$$p friend karl who wants to start playin with lighter more nimble vehicles (bought a zuk)=0). who can blame him though right. out of 16 heavily built rigs this was by far the flexiest. it road like a caddy over rocks with no wheelspin. if the front left wheel wasn't lockin up it would have climbed the hills a little easier. but still made it up em draggin a wheel. My fault. left the 1 hub locked in. heres more pix.

notice hacked and hopeful shaft.

note the toy rear shackles and toy spring plates f/r

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-391969-Image16.jpg (46.9 KB, 0 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: spUa csc YJ kit PIX!

<font color=blue> Looks great! This is with stock YJ springs right? Would trail toughs extended slip yoke take care of the front d/s or does a new d/s need to be made?

Wes. </font color=blue>

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...?u=1596164&f=0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:42 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Thats nice. Sumthin like that might be nice for my sami

Oh ya, are those scout rims on that sami?

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
"Keep the shiny side up"
Tread lightly
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think a combination of a slipyoke and a d/s spacer would do it. we couldn't play with the d/s too much cause we were meetin people at 9am. we got done with it about 845!! no sleep. kinda sucked, but it was well worth it. we added 3.5" to the shaft. thats what we needed for length.. then the splines would hit inside the yoke on full stuff. so we removed it.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the guys at the trail said that the zuk was flexin much more than in the pic. as you can see the rear isn't doin much cause the r/f is level. these are stock yj springs. didn't even cut the spring clamps yet. and the shackles were too tight if ya ask me =0) this was prolly only half the potential for this setup.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 01:13 AM

So just the CSC kit and stock YJ leafs gave 4.5 inches? Are 31x10.5's the largest that can be fit under there while still having a SPUA?

I'm planning on going with the CSC kit with stock YJ leafs and keep it SPUA. I want the flex, but don't want to add too much height. If possible, I'd like to fit 31x12.5's under there though. After putting the kit on, how did the clearance look? Do you think there's any chance of 31x12.5's?

BTW, from what I read on the ORC review of the CSC kit, they recommended the new front d/s that they offer. Not only did it have a 10" slip yoke, but was a smaller diameter to clear the crossmember when fully flexed. I'm not sure if that is as much of an issue with the SPUA.

Thanks,

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 01:17 AM
zukiman

Wow, great looking truck you've got there! I'm glad it works so well for you in a SPUA configuration. You can have all that flex, yet keep the center of gravity low and the track narrow. And isn't the ride just great?!?! For those who missed it, here is what that same Wrangler spring conversion kit looks like on my Samurai with a SPOA and wide track.

-- Geoff Beasley

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 01:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nice pic and real good wheel drop I like what you have done[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 08:24 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: spUa csc YJ kit

This just opened up a whole can of possibilities. I'd like a little more info on the kit if possible. Going SOA up here isn't without it's hassles (cops), so staying SUA would be preferable. If I could get that much flex out of staying SUA I could keep the Zuki axles and still be very happy.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode