ASA What venders offer a discount??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ASA What venders offer a discount???

Wow, Today I got my ASA membership card. Now with only about a month and a half left on my membership.

The letter says, "This card is good for discounts and free merchandise at selected aftermarket shop!" Does anyone know who the venders are ? I cannot find it at there website, the letter does not say, and they refuse to answer any of my e-mails.

Also I still have not gotten a newsletter, just a sticker and a membership card. I doubt I will join this club ever again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 04:37 PM
4xRonin

Re: ASA What venders offer a discount???

Brian, ahhhhh, welcome to the wonderful world of ASA[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I see no purpose in renewing my membership. As far as discounts from selected shops, I've never been able to find any either. So far in the last year I think I've gotten two newsletters. I had to jump thru many hoops (and many,many months)just to get my membership started. I've met a few of the officers and got the impression that they were sincere about getting the bugs worked out but I'm just not seeing it.

Scott Whitmore
"Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality." Dalai Lama
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 06:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm the new North East ASA rep. I'm unsure myself about the whole discount thing. I'll check into it and report back. Probably after Zukfari as most all of the ASA folks are there.

As for me, I'm trying to change the image of the ASA on my homefront. The NE has been neglected for a long time with no orginized events or much in the way of ASA support. When you look at the history of the ASA, with all of the ASA events in the places like Cali, Utah, NM and such, it has been almost an exclusive western club. I hope to change that, at least for the New England bunch.

My suggestion? Contact the ASA rep for your area and ask to get involved. See what you can do to lend a hand. There are only a few individuals doing the work for everyone, nd all for the fun of it. They are not out to make money. In fact, many things are done at the sole expense of the ASA staff themselves.

I've been pushing for ASA Chapters for the different regions. This might help spread out the work load and make the ASA more reachable.

But please don't give up on the ASA. They are the only viable avenue we have to create a real national Zook club. Let's not bitch about it, instead let's get involved.

That's my take on it.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

If any NorthEast ASA member has questions or concerns, you can email me at [email protected]

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 06:50 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I know when I got my membership many moons ago Calmini was giving 10% off the members. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 10:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The ASA has had many ups and downs since it's inception many moons ago, while Mario was running it. As I see it, I always wanted to see it grow like the Toyota Land Cruiser Assoc. They really have their act together, and someday, the ASA will too. But, we are still fledglings, so to speak. I think it is worth joining, just to further our cause. No, it isn't run perfectly, nor has it ever really to this point. But if you don't support it...and help out some way when you get the opportunity, it will never run well. If you have never been involved in an organized undertaking like this, it isn't easy, and not usually fun. However, it is worth while. The people that run it put in lots of hours, usually for nothing. And it really isn't easy work. So, I say support it, and be patient, not too critical. Over time, it will pick up. And wouldn't we all like to see it at the level of the TLC Assoc???
Ok, off my soap box....thanks for listening!

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 11:13 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks Andy.

Back to the top.

This post will hopefully help push alot of Zookers into emailing their Regional ASA rep and seeing what they can do to become involved in the ASA locally.

I'm hoping that this idea takes off like the Fab-Fest.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 12:54 PM

How much does the membership cost?

~Anton

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode