Carb Question. Venturi Dribbles. Why? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2001, 06:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Carb Question. Venturi Dribbles. Why?

O.K. I think that I have narrowed down the problem. I've eliminated the vacuum leaks and checked everything ten times over. The whole time I thought that my mixture was too lean, but the other day I pulled the plugs to check them and all of them were caked with carbon deposits. They were so bad that the carbon was coming off in flakes not just dust. I decided to replace them with new ones in fact. So now I've changed my point of view. It's obvious that I'm getting WAY too much fuel. I mentioned last time that I noticed that the venturi assembly would spit gas instead of spray it. Well I thought I had fixed it but all I did was eliminate the spitting sound. It still dribbles gas out of the venturi. I know that this isn't right because I compared it to my brothers carb and you can't even tell that his is putting out gas because it is mixed so well. Now of course it won't idle below 1200 RPM if it's getting big droplets of fuel instead of a nice atomized fuel mixture. My question is this... How do I keep it from dribbling and get it to spray? What adjustments do I have to make? Does this have to do with the float level and if so how is the best way to set it? Or does it have something to do with the primary jet? I'm pretty sure that the problem lies between the fuel inlet and the venturi assembly. Something in there is making it dribble out fuel instead of a nice mixture. Thanks

No worries. Life is Good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 12:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Yet another Pony Question

Freak, Grasshopper!! You are a loser. Why can't you figure this problem out by yourself and stop wasting our time with your dumb questions.... Just kidding, I just wanted to reply to my own post..1. because I'm lonely and I enjoy talking to myself and 2. So that it will appear at the top of the index again.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 05:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I think the problem lies with your duel personalities, one keeps breaking your carb...
I don't recall if you have taken this carb apart yet? if not there are alot of small passeges
that should be cleaned out. Theya re not hard to rebuild, But you need to take all the
jets out and clean everything. otherwise you will continue to chase this problem forever.

You have tried screwing the idle mixture screw on the passenger side in right?
Glenn
Glenn Loud
87' Zook Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 09:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I've taken it apart and cleaned it out real well, and also installed the rebuild kit. All the jets are new. Here is one thing that kinda puzzled me though. When I rebuilt the carb I had one jet left over. Now I know that that sounds like it is obviously the problem, but I can't figure out which jet it replaces. It is labeled #100 but on the diagram #100 was a jet that is much smaller that fits into the top. This other #100 seems to be the same size as the primary and secondary jets (same threads etc. maybe not the same size jet). Can anyone enlighten me on this? Another thing that I couldn't get out of the carb body was the pump weight. It wiggled a little but wouldn't come out. However the accelerator pump seems to work fine, so I don't think that this weight would be any problem.
Oh yeah, about the mixture screw. I've tried adjusting it and I can tell it is TRYING to do it's job. When I screw it in (ever so lightly...the last screw was messed by being screwed in too tight.) it will start to lean out the mixture and the RPM's will drop but it will still run, even at full cutoff. So whatever the problem is it seems to be over-riding the mixture screw, so the screw has some effect but little.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 11:32 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I'll try to look at one tonight and see what I can come up with. It sounds as if you are missing one of those pesky
check balls in on of the passeges. I will let you know if I come up with somthing.

Glenn
Glenn Loud
87' Zook Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast

You'll have to figure out which jets and air bleeds that mixed up.Carbs suffer from "venturi drip" when the float level is to high or when airbleed for the idle circut is plugged or the wrong jet is installed

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 12:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info. I wish that I knew more about carbs and all. I will take a look at it once again.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 04:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Carb Question. Venturi Dribbles. Why?

Grasshoppa carb also is no island on to it self check your
ECM feedback control loop if stock carb.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode