Carb issues, please advise(?).... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Carb issues, please advise(?)....

I've decided that my engine stalls have to be a result of the carb. It idles fine but when I step on the gas it stalls; I have to rev the engine high and release the clutch halfway to get the Sami to move. So, since I have a spare carb lying around I'll swap it in and see if it'll solve the problem. Anyway, the carb looks like a real PITA to remove. Anyone got any pointers? Should I remove the whole intake then remove the carb? Also, can I place an entire carb in a parts cleaner or do I have to disassemble it to clean? This carb runs but it's dirty as anything...

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 04:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Carb issues, please advise(?)....

Cap'n, I'm getting reay to do the exact same thing. I on't think you should emmerse a carb in anything. I don't think it will help clean it that much. The one I have is dirty and I'm going to just clean the outsde with carb cleaner and pull the bowl plugs and spray in there. I thought it looked to be a pain too and Wildweasel told me to tag everything which I plan to do and also take some pics. I'm swapping almost a complete carb with emmission stuff so there only sems to be about 10 vaccum lines I'll have to deal with. Also there are water lines to deal with so drain the rad or keep them high. I also want to make sure I set the whole day aside so I don't leave it and try to come back to it a day or 2 later. Good luck. I know I need it. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 05:05 PM

cap'n--don't remove the intake! the carb r&r isn't as bad as it looks--just be sure to mark all connectors & especially vacuum lines. you will have to dissamble it to properly clean it--might as well throw in a rebuild kit! good luck!!

cueball
88 hd-top,1.3with weber, calmini cam,headers & 2" exhaust, jacobs ignition, 3" national spua , 4.16 tc gears, 88.5 5th gear,29x10.50 swamper tsl sx's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 09:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Other than tagging things buy a disposible 12mm wrench that you can grind so I fits the back 2 nuts.
You may need to bend it some too for the one on the back of the motor. You will need to disassemble
the carb to clean it properly. PITA. Btw... And I am used to working on carbs.
Good luck.

Glenn
Glenn Loud
87' Zook Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2001, 10:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

check all the vacuum hoses, I replaced almost all of them when I rebuilt mine. the old hoses lost there shape. just thought I add my 2cents

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 09:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well my 2cents is to just add some of the b-12 chem dip for carbs in the gas tank it will eat all gunk out of your car mine was doing it to and now it runs great just a little smoke but hey 175,000 miles anything will smoke alittle lol

Flaming Zuki "It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2001, 10:53 AM

Im no shadetree,but its really easier than it looks to pull off.Just tag everything,and it can be pulled off in about 30min,no joke.I just did mine and while a bit intimidated,came off easy.Those bolts in back,someone had told me to get a long screwdriver and kinda tap the nuts and theyll come loose.I tried it and it did.Piece of cake.

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode