Zook-freaks are a rarity... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Zook-freaks are a rarity...

We, that is to say "Zookinuts", are a rarity. You get to see jeeps everywhere. I live (in Dallas, TX) 5 miles from work, and during that short commute, I see no less than 10 jeeps. Probably one in ten is worthy of respect, with decent tires and the like. I NEVER see another zook. Since I bought my '87 sami around 6 months ago, I have seen a whopping total of 5 others. Of those 5, mine and one other are true trail-worthy rigs. If you do the math on what I just said, that means I've seen around 1200 jeeps, 120 of which are somewhat radical. Compare that to the TWO radical zooks I know of. Now, I hit the trails, and the jeeps are everywhere. And most of 'em (not all of them, mind you, but most) look down at the zook, despite the fact that I can out-climb and out-mud most of them. Where am I going with all this grumbling? I want some backup! I wish there were more freaks like me around to talk shop with and hit the trail with. I have ONE zook-buddy here. ONE! We work on stuff and design together on a regular basis, but we would love to have an actual club of zook-freaks to bum and ride with. This BBS rocks, it's great for research, fab-ideas, and just yappin'. But there is somethin' to be said for physical pals to hit the trails with!

ZOOKINUTS, UNITE!!! (in Dallas, TX) ;^)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-386919-DSCF0050.JPG (88.3 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 10:46 AM
Old Hand

Re: Zook-freaks are a rarity...

Nice Zuki
I think there are quite a few people on here that will totally agree with you.
When I go to work, I see probably around 20 jeeps on the way there everyday! 19 out of the 20 will still have street tires. I've seen only two Samurais on the way to work in the last 3 years. Both had ORV stickers and all-terrains. It would be nice if there were a couple more built-up Samurai's or Jeeps cruisin' around town.

-Ryan Primel
Suzuki, Jeep, Chevy, Ford, who cares, as long as you're out on the trails wheelin'.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 10:58 AM
mike shannon

i work here in arlinton and have got some of the guys here at work on the zuk band wagon he is a pic of some of my converts. give me a call on my mobile at 817-819-0268 later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
Attached Images
File Type: gif 28-386951-Before.gif (45.4 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:01 AM

I like the fact that Samis are rare. Why look like everyone else? Samis are cheap, plentiful, light, fun and when built right can kick butt. If more people got into the show, vendors would want more, parts rigs would dry up and most of the "unconventional" Sami owners would have to look for something new... Chevy 4WD Astro vans, Subaru Outbacks, Isuzu Amigos?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:04 AM
WSB

Sami kick A$$, plain and simple. Yankee Tim and I were towing Toyota pickups and 4Runners around all last Saturday. Couldn't keep those poor things on the trail!

Wayne

post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Well, I like that rarity to a certian extent. I by no means want Zooks to be as popular as jeeps. All I'm sayin' is that if we could double our existing numbers, We would all have twice as many chums, and still be in the gross minority. Dig?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:20 AM
Can't Get Enough

You are sooo right! Here in Indy, I've seen very few Samurai's, let alone any that are modified. But, wow, Jeep TJ's are everywhere. And around here they are mostly driven by yuppies who have no idea what to do with that little stick that says "4WD". I'm not Jeep bashing, I love 'em too, but hey, <font color=red>Zukes Rule!</font color=red> I do get a little more respect by my wheelin' buddies in a Zuke 'cause they like to bash Jeeps for breaking down all the time. But like I tell them, "If you guys went where I went you'd be pushing your rigs and breaking stuff too!" I usually have to turn around and go back and get them or coax them on.....
Keep on Zukin'

Scott Trester
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:22 AM

Gotcha! I understand. But, I still like to be the only kid on the block...

Actually, there are three Samurais within arm's reach of me. One across the street and one 2 doors down. Maybe it's just a Texas thing but I see 4 or 5 of them a day tooling around town. Maybe one a month that's built nice...

post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:23 AM
mike shannon

o i forgot i have about 14 zuks lined up to go to clayton oklahoma, memorial day weekend and we are wanting more later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2001, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

DAMN! I think I may be up for that! I'm not sure if we (the wife and kids and I) have anything planned for that weekend, but if we don't we do now! Hopefully, I will have my buggy-leafs on by then!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode