left me walkin - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

left me walkin

1st time ever left me walkin. Been runnin fine no problems, headed to the woods yesterday, and it died. Driving down the highway at 55mph and it quits. Turns over fine, 180 lbs on every cylinder, getting gas. Pulled the front end apart timing belt looks fine. pulled the dist out every thing looks good tested the generator its within specs, did not test the ignitor yet gotta get it home first. Only thing I can find so far is the primary coil resistance is 1.19 and the manual calls for 1.35-1.65 is this enough of a variance to cause a problem. One more thing, put it all back together and cranked and ran fine cranked it about a dozen times let it run off and on for an hour buttoned it all up and took off. Three blocks down the road same thing now its dead. Gotta be a fire problem it looks weak, any ideas. Im stumped

88 suzuki, 2 inch shackles, 235 mud tires, custom F/R bumpers, Pony carb, lotsa dreams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 08:56 PM

Re: left me walkin

Change the coil.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 09:00 PM

Gettin pretty simple here but sounds like the same thing I was going through it was the black wire off the positive side of the battery it has a small connection about 6 in. down that had some corrosion on it pull it apart clean it and dab in some of that electrical goop good luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2001, 09:25 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be that a wire on the backup light harness mounted on the transmission was bare. It was arcing to the body and grounding out. Causing the motor to die. Sounds stupid but the problem went away when i unhooked the backup lights.

Jus my. 02 worth

Will
"It aint the wand its the magician"
Tread Lightly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode