Electronic Brake Line Locks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Electronic Brake Line Locks

Has anyone checked out the new electronic line locks being offered by Pork Barrel Engineering? Scott Gomez just did a write up on it in this months off road.com. I couldnt stand looking at it any longer and had to order. I just spoke with John the manufacturer, very friendly and personable I think this fills a much needed void in the ZUK industry, and is a much better option then the Spidertrax parking brake kit. I will let you guys know how the install goes and what I think.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2001, 12:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Electronic Brake Line Locks

One thing to remember is that this kit is not tobe used as a parking brake for long periods. The reason being is it is electrically charged and would lose its hold if the battery drained right??

I still think it is a great product especially since it locks both the front and back brakes

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Well I got my line locker and installed it, the installation took about 2 hrs and was pretty straight forward. Great little device, just press the brake in, flip the switch and you are locked all 4 wheels. Unlike jammer line locks, you can touch the brake pedal without it releasing.

The negative is of course that it is electronic, and will slowly drain your battery, but I havent tested it to see how long it takes to do it. However, it kicks butt over the stock p-brake and holds the ZUK perfectly on steep inclines.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2001, 10:38 PM
zukiman

I have the Pork Barrel brake line lock kit too. The electrical draw by the locks is about 1 amp, so you can leave it on for at least a couple days. However, you won't want to leave it unattended with the locks engaged without leaving the transmission in gear, for safety's sake.

This kit should not be considered a replacement for a mechanical parking brake. It is designed to supplement the stock (or Spidertrax) parking brake, and is really intended for off-road use. For instance, if your Weber stalls out on a steep waterfall and you don't want to try backing down, you can just flip the switch, let your foot off the brake pedal, and use the clutch and gas to get the engine going again. Then keep your revs up, start letting the clutch out until you feel it pulling hard against the brakes, and flip the switch again to drive right on up. Or, on flat rockcrawling where you'd normally be throwing your right foot from gas to brake to gas to brake to control forward progress, you can simply step on the brakes halfway, flip the switch, and then drive through the brakes. This makes forward progress much smoother and more controlled.

Scott and I love our line lock kits. Highly recommended!

-- Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: http://www.Off-Road.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 01:59 PM
Addict

A good hand throttle helps in those situations too, freeing up an extra foot.

Lonny - Redmond, WA
87' Stomper, SOA, Missing Links, Z-bar Eliminator, 5.125RP, 4.16TC, lockers, bead locks and 33" Boggers
www.mystomper.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 02:09 PM

What is it for? Can it be used to lock each wheel, so with open diffs when flexing if you get stuck you can just lock a wheel and drive off?

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2001, 03:22 PM
zukiman

No Anton, it locks all four brakes.
http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/reviews/pbelocks.htm

-- Geoff Beasley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode