The Law is after me - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 07:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The Law is after me

Hey guys if the law aint pulling me over for wieving all over the road (you see I live on the beach and it gets windy at night and you all know that Samies aint the most road friendly truck out there), they are pulling me over for a tail light out. I cant keep bulbs in them, so I put some lights in the tail gate. I went to replace the taillight in the left side of the bumper and I shorted somthing out? the fuse is good, and I dont see any fusable links. What have I done wrong?

Also I need some Samurai/snow advise. I am in the military and I am going to move to North Dakota soon, I am not sure of how my Samy will do in the cold and snow. I know I need to find a hardtop for sure? (Anybody got one?) I really dont want to sell them (Mine and the wife's) but is it going to be worth the money to take them up there? I dont trailer them anywhere, but will have to buy a trailer and better tow rig for the trip from Florida to ND. Please help with this crisis.

Thanks

jmoe [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 07:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The Law is after me

Also is there anyone in the ND area that I can hook up with when I get there and do some wheeling? If it aint too dang cold? Also here is a pic of my two babies..........

jmoe [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-348786-Old&New.jpg (53.7 KB, 3 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'd check all the wires and see it they aren't hitting any metal. I did the tail gate light mod and love it, I'm getting rid of the stupid yellow turn sigs, and getting LED's for my new Zuk! The cops here (N.C.) are cool with me, I;m also in the military (Air Force Firefighter) and have out of state license tags, that may help out a bit also! Sucks that they are moving ya to ND, it is cold as hell there! This is a pic of my tail gate lights...

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue> <font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 09:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

From Florida to North Dakota. Man what a culture and climate shock. Where in N.D.? We have a club in Winnipeg with primarily Samurais. Winnipeg is approx. 1.5 hours north of Grand Forks in Canada. Zuks do well in cold weather. They start every time, just give them lots of time to warm up before you drive off. You're right, you will for sure need a hardtop, especially if you're not used to the cold.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 10:42 PM

There is at least one person from ND on the list. Do a search for North Dakota and I believe it will show up. As far as snow is concerned, I am from South Dakota and have driven the Samurai in Maine and Indiana winters as well. When in 4wd, the Samurai is great. When in 2wd on ice, they and any SWB vehicle is a hazard.

Let see, ND and military, you have to be Air Force and going to Minot or Grand Forks or Army Engineer going to the Missour River. There are few places on earth colder than Grand Forks in the Winter. And few places hotter in the Summer. At least the cold kills the mosquitoes. Should have opted for Ellsworth AFB near the Black Hill of South Dakota. Paha Sapa, sacred to the Lakota people. Have fun!

-Farther
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Going to be in minot I see. I live in bismarck and would love to have somebody to wheel with not sure the wife could handle it but it would be fun. As far as the cold use synthetic Oils,a block Heater, Big batery and Coil.

To give you an Idea It was -19 this morning and my Sammy still started without it being pluged in. Took a little longer but it started. If you can get a hard top I would I am lucky in he winter since mine is the hardtop model.

As far as the snow I love it put it in 4 wheel drive and go anywhere.

If you have any questions about your new home in ND I been here for most of my life.

LOCO
[email protected]

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 05:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

jmoe, I will keep your post handy as I have a fiber glass hard top and am trading the engine and some parts to gotzook for a lift poackage on my 91. I really don't drive in winter as mine seems to be all over the road in snow.
I f I decide to sell my hardtop I will definately give you a call. It does need a paint job but thats all. p.s. I have a friend in Minnesota and thats paradise compared to the Dakotas according to him.. good luck

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 10:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well here in kansas (as a matter a fact today) Its is raining or falling or whatever sleet does, but its there. I put the sami in 4X and i can go anywhere. the problem you have to be careful of is stopping. what i do is i put it in a lower gear it slows down faster and doesnt go all crazy like when stepping on the brakes. WHATEVER you do, DONT SLAM ON BRAKES! lol, unless your like me and you find a lonesome road heheh.

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 09:21 PM

The only thing Minnesota has over South Dakota is bigger mosquitoes.

-Farther
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode