Keltec Zuk/VW swap kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Keltec Zuk/VW swap kit

Help, help, help! My ignorance, inexperience (first time on ebay) or slow computer, (or maybe a very clever guy) allowed me to be snookered on the auction for the Keltec kit by 19 seconds. Damn! If anyone else knows of another one please, please e-mail me or post here!

87 Sammi SPOA 1.6 na VW diesel under construction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 11:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Keotec Zuk/VW swap kit

Damn Bill, sorry about your luck! Hope you find one! Later

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue> <font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 11:36 PM
Old Hand

dude I had the same problem my first bidding ever, it was on a rear section of a roll cage. I was out bidded by a dollor it was like $93.00. I thought I'd be slick and bid an extra 5 bucks and he bidded an extra 6 can you believe that. hey I'm still looking for a cage if anyone has one cheap.

Driving off-road needs to be done well, like throwing a fly at a rising trout in dark, calm waters. Take pride in the task, and the reward is more than the destination.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:45 AM
I Do This For The Glory

That's a common misperception. He didn't bid $1 more, it was just the bid amount plus your high bid. It's automatic on Ebay. I regularly buy and sell there, and have "sniped" a good many people. Some people don't like it, but I find it gets rid of people artifically inflating the price by bidding in $1 increments.

For the future, you may want to bid the highest you're willing to pay for it, and bid in the last 30 seconds so noone can "snipe" you, because they don't know your high bid, and therefore cannot keep adding the bid increment until they surpass yours. I have also been sniped, but it doesn't matter because it was over the max amount I was willing to pay for an item.

Sorry you lost out, you should contact the guy that bought it and see if he wants to sell it at a slightly higher price. My older brother did this, and wound up getting the item at a slightly higher price, wasn't bad at all.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 01:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Keltec Zuk/VW swap kit

Thanks guys for the kind words and condolences. And JEEPN, thanks for the advice. I did not say that I was outbid by a dollar. Actually the minimum increment was $25 when it closed. Among many things were the fact that I got an error code and had to re-boot at the eleventh hour, but more to the point was that I did not know I wanted to pay more than my previous last high bid, until I saw I was going to lose it. After that is the psychology of an auction, is it not. Your suggestions are good, and I will try to be more wise. There is a learning curve to nearly everything, I just hated to spend mine on something I felt I so desperately needed and wanted.

Again, if anyone hears of a Zuk/VW swap kit please let me know!

87 Sammi SPOA 1.6 na VW diesel under construction
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 06:37 AM
I Do This For The Glory

<font color=blue>zuk26</font color=blue> said he was outbid by the dollar.

It's all a learning curve, and that's the risk when sniping, I have had the same thing happen. Luckily the item was extended for another day due to Ebay going down that afternoon. I still walked away with a complete TJ suspenion (coils, shocks, arms, swaybars) for $100. I typically have 2 windows open, one for watching the item that can be refreshed, and the other for placing the bid, which I have set and can just hit the "Place Bid" button. Then I go back to the other window and hit refresh and hope I got the item.

Try it on smaller items and you'll get the hang of it. I almost never loose out on an item anymore, but I also do research on it before hand. I know the Keltcec kit is no longer being made, but some items on Ebay can be bought cheaper direct, so look at other auctions and direct selling prices before you bid.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 09:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Guy's I buy old toys off ebay all the time. the first time i got beat was the same way last seconds. there's a program that I run called bid sniper you just put in the most youll pay and it watch's the bidding for you and in the last 5 second's it bid's just enough for you to win.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 10:41 AM
I Do This For The Glory

WHERE do you get this program? And what toys do you bid on so I won't waste my time [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I go for the Jeeps, so I guess no worries there.

How exactly does it "bid just enough so you'll win"? All Ebay's bids are confidential.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2001, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i GOT MINE ON EBAY COUPLE YEARS AGO BUT THE SAME ONE IS FOR SALE THERE NOW SEARCH FOR BID SNIPER IT'S $3 OR $4 is all. I BUY MOSTY HOT WHEELS.IT BIDS ENOUGH BECAUSE IT WATCHS IT FOR YOUAND GOES IN AT THE LAST SECOND BEFORE ANY OTHERS CAN. I HAVE ONLY BEEN BEAT ONCE I WAS BUY GUY WITH SAME PROGRAM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode