??? what all do you have to do to put rear springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

??? what all do you have to do to put rear springs

thing on doing this any thoughts on this would be aprricated

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 11:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ??? what all do you have to do to put rear springs

First you must get the nuts off the u bolts. easiest way is cut the u bolts with a grinder at the top and install new ubolts.when you cut the u bolts they will pop pretty loud so be ready for that. The bolts holding the front of the spring to the frame are fun also. If they just spin you will have to cut them flush with the frame tabs then spread the tabs out a little till the spring falls out with the cut bolt stuck in the bushing. As for the shackle they usually come apart easy. Hope this helps!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

looks like i left a little out i ment to say to put the rear springs in the front

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 11:44 AM
Keyboard Implanted

all i did was move the rear springs up to the front.it moved my axle foreward about 1 1/2 ".i did have Breeze M/L IN FRONT AND HAD TO BUILD A PAD FOR THEM TO REST ON,after i put the rears up front.it worked out real good for me.hope this helps,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 12:54 PM

This is an easy swap, if you have the Breeze 4" DLS's, it is even easier. I have run this for some time now with no difficulties. I do advise using the 88.5 and up springs with the first short leaf from a set of 88 and earlier front springs added to the bottom. Makes a nice four leaf pack that rides well and holds up on the trail. You will need a stop for the DLS's to rest on, or you could use a pair of 5" HD shackles (Breeze are $36 a pair), but it will look a little strange sticking out. Don't forget to extend your front drive shaft as it will be about 1" forward. Call me if you have questions.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 05:22 PM

lets say you had an 86 with a spoa, and swapped in a set of rears from another 86 to the front, then added the dls's with the pad, would this change the ride hight in the front? By how much?

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 05:54 PM

Rocky road has a kit out there. its $55,- and remedies the fact that you will move your front axle forward by 1,5" (as RRick mentioned).

If you do it w/o kit, i'd advise you to use some M/L or Drop links, jusing a regular shackle will make them stick out really nasty and worsen your attack angle.

if i remember, somebody had a foto posted a couple of weeks ago...
alfred

'95 Stofttop, K&N, Snorkel, 4,5" SPOA, 31" BFG MT, 4,16gears, W5000 winch, skidplate, rear Rancho 9000 - other than that its bone-stock
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 07:28 PM

This will change the ride height about 1/2 to 1 inch. I would also add the second leaf from the extra front spring pack to the rear leafs making them a nice four leaf (without the overload). With the DLS's front and rear, it will sit level. I personally don't like moving the spring hanger rearward for the front spring, it exposes it to more hazard the farther it is mounted back under the frame. With the method I outlined, you don't have to drill the springs or the perch to move the axle forward, drilling the springs is very difficult and not a good idea as it makes them more prone to fracture in the area drilled. I dont know if the RRO relocator kit requires this to move the axle forward, I am just stating not to drill springs for any reason. I like to keep things simple and reliable.

TGT - NCO

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 10:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We have a bolton system that comes with precision laser cut pieces, bushings, hardware, and an axle relocation system so your steering down't bind up on itself and shocks don't hit the axle. Doesn't cause funky handling like shoving your shackles way forward will do.
http://www.summitoffroad.com/zuksus.html

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2001, 03:19 AM

Re-post for R Lester.

TGT - NCO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode