NE Feb Fab a SUCCESS!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:09 PM
Loweguy

NE Feb Fab a SUCCESS!!!!!

I thought you guys might enjoy a few pics from our get-together today. Glen was nice enough to host us at his house/shop, and I think the meet was a giant success! We had a chance to work on projects, eat, watch videos, eat, etc... I had a great time and am looking forward to hosting everyone next month. Anyway, here's a few pics.

This first one is Randy showing off the new guage panel he made for the passenger side of his dash. It's made of aluminum and has a lot of custom features. If I were a SHOP doing business on this forum, I would contact Randy (Zooky) about buying his panel to use it as a template--hint hint hint.
Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 1" Desert Steel lift shackles, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-345591-bobtimjimjustinglenrandy.JPG (58.0 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: NE Feb Fab a SUCCESS!!!!!

looks like you had a good crowd.hope yours goes as well.my fab fest is at the end of may.if your in the area,stop in,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:20 PM
Loweguy

Here's another shot. This one is of Crow's rig-a nice ride!

Michael O

-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 1" Desert Steel lift shackles, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-345604-crowszuki.JPG (66.4 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:39 PM
Loweguy

Here's Glen showing the ins and outs of removing leaves and other debris from a Zuki's heating system. It really helped to actually SEE it out of the truck! Bob and Crow look on.

Michael O

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-345617-htrcleanbobcrow.JPG (52.8 KB, 2 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:46 PM
Loweguy

Here's a neat project we did today. Jim is holding up a headlight guard that Glen designed. Both Jim and I built a set of these...very ingenious. Our headlights thank you, Glen!

Michael O

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-345623-hdltguard.JPG (49.1 KB, 2 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:48 PM
Loweguy

Here's a shot of Max leaning on a future Zuki snorkel he scavenged from a diesel truck-good going Max!

Michael O

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-345624-maxsnorkel.JPG (44.3 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 09:52 PM
Loweguy

In the match of Zuki vs Snow bank, the score was Snow bank-1, Zuki 0. Note the bent tie rod-OUCH!

Michael O

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-345627-yankeeoffroadtierod.JPG (55.9 KB, 2 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 10:47 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Looks like I missed a lot. Oh well, next time I'll be there, any ideas on when it'll be?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 10:53 PM

Hey Ranger Rick, you didnt miss too much. Was real great to meet everyone first hand though, but i have a legitimate Gripe. I DIDNT GET ONE SLIVER OF JERKY!!!! Those hogs ate every last peice and i got nothing, not even a whiff of how good it smelled. Bastards. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] But man did i come up with some good ideas. One is im going to copy all the good ideas that they had, two im going to copy all the good ideas they have, and three im going to copy all the good ideas they come up with in the future....That should about make my rig a monster. I saw Tims disk brake conversion and that looked really nice. I didnt like his "C" link though......Randys gauge is unbelivably cool, easily the coolest most functional one ive seen yet. Its not so much the aluminum that makes it cool, its the safety switches for his winch and how they work. Plus the circut breakers are placed nicely in there too. I hope that someone posts a picture of it. I brought a digi camera, but there where so many pictures being taken that i figured every angle was covered, except my best profile shot [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mark, Jim brought you some nice tracker seats so you have good replacements for your turd bucket. Got to look at my pony carb, but Glenn nor I were in the mood to futz with it. In fact im so tired im typing in my sleep....Goodnight.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 11:31 PM
Loweguy

The folks who got there more on-time got to have jerky. In fact, because you were whining so loudly before we got together, I actually worked through the NIGHT last night making a 2nd batch, which I brought! I put it in the dryer at 1230am and had to get up at 530am to take it out.

Oh, and I didn't know you HAD a best profile shot...maybe it was the lighting or something-HAHA.

Truthfully, I thought this was a really fun get-together! I'm not sure of the date(s) of the next meet, but I think we're all agreed that it will be at my house next time. I'm looking around online for what I want to do when you guys are here...

Uh, Glen, if we're teaching OUR skills to the other guys, does that mean I need to teach you all how to make jerky?

Take care all-I'm headed to bed too!

Michael O

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode