New law is in! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 10:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

New law is in!

Looks like its official folks. HB 49 which is the new lift law in Utah has been signed by Governor Mike Leavitt today. Proof positive that a few folks can make a huge difference. For those that didn't catch earlier emails, the new laws measure off of frame clearance rather than lift height. This means my Suzuki with 35" tires will be legal now though barely).

I have been invited along with 9 other individuals to a ceremonial signing and picture taking session with the governor of Utah to honor this occaission on next Tuesday. The new law, though signed today, will not fully be 'activated' until the end of April... so you still have to be on good behaviour in Moab :^)

I wish to express a personal thanks to all those folks in Utah who took the time to write their legislators to make this thing happen. I'd also like thank all those folks who emailed and called us expressing kudos to our involvement in, commitment to, and time investments within the off-road
community. We hope to set an example for others in the industry to get off their duffs and get involved, as well as to the individual offroad enthusiast. Together we can make a difference!!!

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 03:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New law is in!

Does this mean, with all of the support behind laws like this, that the eco-nazis aren't going to have a prayer when trying to close down some of Moab? especially with the new administration?

Justin
Bbytrkr
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2001, 10:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The eco-nazis are a whole separate deal. Not this issue of the Katana, but the next, I'll have a run-down of what is going on in Moab in my Landuse column. The enivros are very serious about closing Moab trails. We've been able to stave off problems so far, but more help is always needed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 12:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

One more note, while Gayle Norton certainly seems to be less 'wilderness' oriented than the last Sec of Interior, it doesn't mean that local land managers can't implement their own trail closures. DOn't be lulled into a false sense of security. Activism is still highly needed!

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 11:54 AM
Keyboard Implanted

GLENN,THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK AND THE INSIGHT THAT THE BATTLE IS NOT OVER,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2001, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The battle has just begun!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 02:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Be sure to send us a pix of the handshake!!

A Florida Gator swimming in the Sierra Snow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode