K here's the deal - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

K here\'s the deal

OK, im so stoked! i was talking to my dad at the dinner table, and he said "OK"

I can get mods, as long as i pay for them.

Now, my lil bro wants a Yamaha Banshee, and he said "OK" !!!!1

Man maybe i should make him read these more often!
The catch is, i have to make a trailer to haul the Banshee in, with the ZUk. and it also has to be big enough to haul a Saturn car.

i was think, maybe i can make a flat plank out of metal and wood, then secure safely on some axles! think this will work? any ideas? thx guys!

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 09:19 PM
Old Hand

Re: K here\'s the deal

Dude are really going to try to haul a saturn with your zook, an ATV is even going to give you some trouble especailly if your running biggers tires along with the little 1.3. If you go with a v6 it might be possible but that is many moneies away.

Driving off-road needs to be done well, like throwing a fly at a rising trout in dark, calm waters. Take pride in the task, and the reward is more than the destination.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

woops didnt explain it properly hehe.

we have another truck we can haul with hehe. sorry for the confusion [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

~Goot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 09:34 PM

Too bad we are not closer, I would help out on the trailer. Making 2 at work right now. The basic 16' flatbed utuility should work fine for your needs. They usually come in 2 width's 77" wide and 82" wide. I think you should go to a place that sells trailer's and check out the different types, the way the frame is setup. Get some ideas that way. Personally I like buildinding my trailers with atleast a 5" C channel box frame, a 5" channel full wrap tongue, and 2x2 crossmembers on 18" centers( excessive for hauling a Zuk, just right for other stuff). Another thing to consider when contemplating a trailer is the tow vehicle. How much can it tow? Then consider the empty weight of the trailer plus the load to be carried. Braking- I would get atleast one axle on the trailer with brakes. Always consider SAFETY as a major aspect of the trailer you are building. Most of the angle iron utilities weigh in around 1300lbs( I think). The 'C' channel trailer I build comes in right at 1920-2000 lbs.

87 Samurai- under construction
92 Samurai

Zookin- a family affair
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 11:06 PM
Old Hand

SuzukiGoot, Man how little is your little brother? Banshees have almost as much hp as a Samurai. I use to have a Banshee and they are a riot, and a handfull. I sold it to have more money for my Zuk.

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 06:52 PM

Hey, little Suzuki guy,
Got a hair brain idea for ya. About towing the Saturn, does you Dad HAVE to have ALL 4 wheels off of the ground? How long is,or will be, your brotherís Banshee? Hereís the deal:

I know youíve seen those little towing trailers that U-Haul rents. The ones that only carry the front tires of the car being towed. If you get a used one of those, put two channel tracks near the center line (the width of the Bansheeís wheel base), you could carry your brotherís Banshee behind the Sami. Then, your Dad could use it to tow the Saturn behind his Big Truck. eh?, eh?

Give it some thought. That way everyone is happy AND itís easy to store when not in use. Also, the license should be cheaper then a big two axle trailer. Tell your Dad itís your own idea and,. . . . Heíll either love you for it, OR, have you committed. Bobcat.

<font color=red>Beat It To Fit . . </font color=red><font color=green>. . Paint It To Match</font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 07:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey thats a good idear! Im gonna have ta check out one of those u haul places. i heard sometimes they sell their stuff for dirt cheap. thx all, oh and my Lil bro is 9, the banshee will be for me as well hehe (2 banshee's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Little suzkui guy? hmmm maybe u havent seen me, im not that small [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

~Goot
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 07:21 PM
mike shannon

for what you pay for a tow dolly you can pick up a trailer. they sell new here in texas for about 650.00 to 700.00 [16ft. wood bed]with crappy tires. tow dollys run about the same money or more. i use a tow dolly all the time but you have to becarful about what you tow. you can shop around and pick up a trailer for 400.00 if you keep your eyes on the news paper ads. later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 07:26 PM

Ain't small, eh?

Well, I think you're younger than me, so that helps?
You wouldn't pick on a Senior Citizen, would Ya??? [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Ain't telling my age but, I was around for "TET Offensive".

<font color=red>Beat It To Fit . . </font color=red><font color=green>. . Paint It To Match</font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 09:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hmmm, TET?

Id might take a Jab at ya hahah, jk.

I dont know bout buying one, Hed probably say "nope u bought it" but then he probably wouldnt. Anyway tahts too much money for me to spend on a trailer. i think ill just build on a crappy one. save $ for the ZUki.

Whats tha best intake for the Zuki? ill get that then im gonna get some Low resistant Spark plug wires and better spark plugs.

~Goot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode