Diesel Install Kit for Sale - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2001, 04:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Diesel Install Kit for Sale

Hey folks, just wanted to let you all know that I have my Keltec install kit up for sale. This kit can be used to install any VW 4 cyclinder water cooled motor, gas or diesel.

The VW motors are plentiful, and cheap to purchase compared to Suzuki motors. Heck, Petroworks can even get you a great deal on BRAND NEW 1.9 Turbo Diesels!

You may use the following URL to refer to the Ebay auction directly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=562582825

Ebay item # 562582825

Thanks,
-Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 01:15 AM

Re: Diesel Install Kit for Sale

Hey save me the stress and tell me how much you want for it? I have the engine already and im on the waiting list with doug. He said i "may" have an engine kit coming in one month but if i dont have to wait, he would be happy to not give me one out of his "private stock" as he says. Tell me how much your looking to get wayne and ill tell you if i can do it or not. Itd be cash now.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 09:26 AM

I heard he was liquidating his stock and getting out of the diesel business. I guess he finally realized that $1400 for a kit that isnt complete isnt much of a deal.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 09:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I noticed the brakets are all yellow. That's not the one out of the yellow Petroworks rig is it? If so, is it going to a bigger motor?

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 10:08 AM

I dont think so, the Keltec kits are usually Zinc coated, Gary didnt paint his mounts yellow they are Zinc plated, Gary just did the rest of the vehicle in a canary yellow. Sweet ZUK though I got to ride in it and it is baddass.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 10:09 AM

I dont think so, the Keltec kits are usually Zinc coated, Gary didnt paint his mounts yellow they are Zinc plated, Gary just did the rest of the vehicle in a canary yellow. Sweet ZUK though I got to ride in it and it is baddass. Current bid is $710 which isnt too bad, but the base price still hasnt been met which means he wants what he paid for it if not more.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 10:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Thanks Lav,

I didn't get to ride in it, but boy that was one sweet ride to examine up close. I would imagine that the reserve is somewhere near the cost of the kit though. Still a good deal considering all the effort it takes to go with the Keltec kit. A lot of the legwork is done for you.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, the reserve of $775 has been meet! So you all know now. It is going to the highest bidder now.

No, this is not the Kit from Gary's rig (Petroworks), but I did have a hand in the build up of his rig. Not much, just helped turn some wrenches and the such. I do lay claim to talking him into painting it yellow though! He was going to paint it green. Yuk.

I had my conversion running before he finished his, and I used a fuel injected gas motor instead of the easier diesel. I had some foreign matter get into the motor and eat a couple of pistons, so I'm now selling the kit and all of the expensive items you need to complete it. Keep in mind that I'm throwing in a good tranny, gear drive starter, clutch pack, custom flywheel, 3 core radiaitor and 2 motor mounts. All very clean and in great shape. This is a real deal for someone! Just those extras will run you over $800 over the kit price! To offset some of this expense, you can sell your old motor, tranny and radiator. Heck that makes for one cheap engine swap!

-Wayne

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just a quick update. Gary just recently did a ramp contest with the Yellow monster at a local trail event and won it with a 1400 RTI. I forget how many other vehicles were there, but is was a bunch, 600 or something. He even beat a Jeep with a busted frame!

-Wayne

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2001, 01:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

That will show you what the Spidertrax 1/4 elip will get ya!

And that IS a great deal on the Keltec kit. I haven't seen a Zuk with more torque than the 1.9 TD. I wheeled with Doug K. last year and this thing with stock t-case and R&P, walked over things with 33's like it was geared to go.

If you think the kit price is tall, add in the R&P and t-case gears you don't have to buy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode