Fender Flares - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Fender Flares

First off here is a list of my mods: 88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,leather seats & lots more. My fenders are rusting out pretty bad, so i'm going to cut up on them two inches to clear the rust. Next, i hate my fender flares, I want to use the Bushwacker cutouts, their about $120 for the set and you can add to the width if necessary. Has anyone installed these, i don't want to get them here and find that they don't fit or have other problems associated with them. Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated. Marc

92 blazer sport, 3" rough country/custom lift, 4.10 gears, 285/75 yok. geolander mts on stockers, warn x8000i on warn brush guard, flowmaster, k&n, 180,000 miles on original motor and tranny..ha ha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 11:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Fender Flares

Sorry, can't tell you anything about those flares.

Ours will cover up to a 15.50" wide tire completely and are designed specifically for the Zuk... ie no funkiness.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 11:09 PM

SMITH do you have any pix of your zuk? Sounds sweet.

--Anton

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2001, 11:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey SMITH, can you post some pics of your truck. I'd love to see it on those 36" tires with the Dana 44s. Where did you get the D44s from, custom made or off another truck?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 01:40 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

no pics, i can do a lot of things, but i can't figure this [censored] scanner out, soon as i do i'll send you some pics, axles are out of a 79 wagoner, hey GW, i can't find one thing on your website about fender flares, please help

92 blazer sport, 3" rough country/custom lift, 4.10 gears, 285/75 yok. geolander mts on stockers, warn x8000i on warn brush guard, flowmaster, k&n, 180,000 miles on original motor and tranny..ha ha.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 04:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Here you go. It is from Glen's site. Copy and paste the address and scroll down:

http://www.rocky-road.com/zukmisc.html

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 01:10 PM

http://www.rocky-road.com/zukmisc.html

Yannick
1999 Zr2 4.3L 31x10.5 BFG M/T's
1987 hardtop Zuk in the horizon... now just coming up the Hill, Almost there...[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
http://lukinfomud.homestead.com/frontpage.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 04:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Smith, when you get your pic's developed ask for a floppy disc with all your pic's on it! Its only $1 more at the film place here. That is what I do when I can't use my friends scanner! Later.

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue> <font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2001, 05:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

If you plan on wheeling hard, you might want to go the cheapest route possible.

The $199 3" fiberglass ones are ill fitting, way brittle and turn to powder at the mere mention of a tree or rock. The $299 plastic ones are slightly forgiving (key word slight), but I saw someone break and trash all four in one day. I think Petroworks still has ONE set left of theirs, but they were around $350. They are supposed to be even more forgiving, but if you fall over, say "goodnite irene".

Best bet if you go that route, make them removable for trail usage. I saw someone who used some type of quick connects for race cars on the Calmini ones to mount them. Pretty trick.

I run the RRO flares. Two are cracked from slight rubbing of trees. I made mine removable with S/S hardware. I was going to do a write-up on the install, but after the trouble of getting the order right and my over-all disatifaction with the quality and fit of the product, I moved on. If you want to see some pics of what I did, just ask.

The Petroworks ones looked real nice, but unsure if you can still get them or if they can be mod'ed for on/off ease.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode