Heaven? N Hell? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 04:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heaven? N Hell?

Definition of HEAVEN is going out all day with a bunch of zooks beating up a few good trails getting dirty and all banged up!!! AND then, "Pure Hell" (which happened last year) is stopping at McDonalds for a quick fix and finding out they're having a Poser Show with all them shiny polished to the roof lights J$$P show. All looking at ya wishing ya weren't there, ignoring the fact we are. So what do ya do?? we spun outa there sprayin dirt and mud all over them purty little things and proceeded to run up and over the embankments and up to I-81 and home.. whats your most memorable moment??? sometimes a little zook can be so mischievious

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 06:40 PM

Re: Heaven? N Hell?

i aint got nothin against jeepers but that had to have been fun lol. Sometimes i think jeepers are a little nieve and egotistical, but i think that every one thinks that of the opposing force like camaros guys and mustang boys

just bought 87 silver sami, put on 30x9.50's no lift so far :-)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 07:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Must admit we really didn't spray em though we was thinkin about it. We just nonchalantly grubbed down right in the middle of them, and then we climbed back in our muddied up zookers and sloooooowly lit up our tail lights at them. They were a buch of snobs and probably deserved a little mud. It would probably be the only mud they ever saw..LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 11:47 PM

Its takes everything to make the world go round. I like the show rigs myself. Sure they dont see the dirt and mud, doesnt mean they are not a work of art and some hard labor was put into them along with long hours in the shop. It amazes me that jeepers can spend so much money on their rigs, and sometimes im jealous and that frusterates me at my inability to bring in a better income. But i dont hate them for my own lacking. To me its like art, but not in a frame on a wall, instead in a parking lot at Mc donalds. I like to walk up and see those rigs polished up and shining like emeralds and diamonds. Trail tested or not I can appreciate mechanical skill and dedication to knuckle busting. I myself dont wash my rigs unless it rains, make my wheels turn for function not face lift, and dont like to spend more then a hundred on any modification. I love combining peoples ideas and fabrication in a shop. Heaven is stick welding and the arc is sizziling like bacon (as Glenn says) and you can hear the good penetration. Your hand doesnt waver and your bead is even and clean. You can see through the slag and know its a golden run before you knock it off with the hammer. Its the warmth of hot metal thru your gloves after running a good line and the crunch under your boots as you step on the shells of slag frags from all the good welds that come together. Hell is when you enjoyed welding so much it warped the dimensions of your home brew crap and it WONT BOLT UP! Start over sucker......

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 12:11 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Man, ain't that the truth. I love it when a good bead comes together. The worst was when I finished welding in the I-beam rear structure onto the 1/8" diamondplated rear bed on the Scrambler and realized it was 1/2" off between the sides. The points I was using for reference looked fine, but they had been tweaked as well. No problem, I'll just lengthen the frame to match...

Posers are needed in this world, if there were no posers, you wouldn't look at wheeling with such reverence. I like to go to the shows and look at them, then revel that mine is all function and no flash.

Oh, and <font color=blue>...proceeded to run up and over the embankments and up to I-81...</font color=blue> doesn't give wheelers a very good name. If that happens too much, the posers will have a better reputation than you do.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 07:17 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Max
Well said indeed. I have the ability to do my own fabrication, so I like to see other peoples originality and home brewed works. I know however that most(I think) don't have the means to build there own parts, I feel there is no gratification in simply buying parts and bolting them on. This is not a jab at those that do, simply my opinion.
On the flip side of the coin, there are the people who are making stuff, but in a unsafe fashion. I've seen some trucks that have been modified and the owner is prouder than a peacock, and I think to myself "he drives that on the same roads as me?".
Moral of the story is: If you got the bucks and not the ability......Buy it.
If your poor like me and have the ability...make it.
If you got a little money and some ability....Buy the "needs to be real safe" and build the "not life threatening" parts....
Hope I haven't stepped on anyone toes..............

DannyL

DannyL
Pony Express

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 07:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Slag? What's slag? *looking at a MiG*

I agree, we once bought stuff, now we make stuff. Like Danny said, know what you can make and what you can't, and err on the side of safety.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 10:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Come on guys!When you see these guys take the opporitunity to ask them if they want to get muddy and have a different kind of fun.They will probably challenge you to get your rig as clean as theirs.Either way it sure cuts some thick air.Remember without their support buying those poser parts most vendors would not be able to stay in business.Someday instead of real suppliers like RRO,Calmini,Spidertrax,etc...selling us the things we want we will also be weeding through tons of light bars and triple shock mounts to find the parts we need.Those posers have an interest,they just need a push the right way.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 11:59 AM

Here in America there is this thing called capitalism. It embraces all types of people for all types of products, and it makes the largest(by far) middle class economy in the world. Something that i enjoy and i think a couple60 million other people do to. If that means people have the opprotunity to build 4 wheel drive vehicles that never see mud, then good for them. I build dirt vehicles that will never sparkle, and there is a market for all of us. We are in no threat of losing our market, infact its just the opposite, we have so many markets that people are selling crap from tiawan to pass it off as quality product for your rebuilt engine. No we are in the proccess of weeding out the crappy vendors and creating a better market by compitition which is what free market is, capitalism. The only thing we are in danger of here is closed minded people. Minds are like parachutes and they only work when opened.......

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-17-2001, 12:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

"It takes all kinds to make the world go round". Not sure who said it but its a damn good quote in my opinion.

I can build/fabricate pretty much anything i want too. I do have to admit that i suck at welding tho. I think im gonna take a class on welding when i go back to school this summer.

I choose to buy most stuff for my sami because its not that expensive and id rather spend my fabbing time on my Scout.

Always remember this. No matter where you are ALWAYS make a good name for 4wheeling. There are more tree huggers than there are 4wheelers. Lets not give them new reasons to take our precious few last trails away from us.

Hell on earth to me is a trail thats been disrespected and littered by beer bottles and trash. Heaven to me is a trail thats been well respected and kept clean.

Jus my .02 worth.
Will

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode