stuff - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

stuff

hey guys anybody know where i can get a grill factory fender flares, and factory rocker panels ( the little plastic strip that goes under the doors near bottom i got a 87 samurai thanks

always looking for samurai parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:44 PM

Re: stuff

I have the rocker panel plastic. Send me a private message if you are interested.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 09:47 PM

A guy needed a grill here on the board and i was going to give him my broken one, it was not to hot though so i checked out a yard and they wanted 40$ so i said heck no. I can probably hit them up for cheaper some other time but not this week. Fenders, do they have to be stock or are you modifying your rig to be spoa with larger tires? If this is the case then use lawn edging from home depot and a rivet gun. 20$ and a lot better. The plastic trim on the rocker panel? If this isnt a restoration job then do us and your self a favor. Take a four and a half in hand grinder and rip the plastic off with your hands, grind the rust down (its a rust trap like the fenders) and the lip off smooth. Then go out and find a metal yard and buy some diamond plate for it and rivet and seal it up. Its too cheap not to do and looks and is so much HEALTHIER for your rig. I got an aluminum sheet of diamond plating that i covered the hood and the rocker panels and have tons left over to do and it was 80$ for it. Steel is way cheaper then that. If you absolutely need it, i can check the yard for that stuff and see what it will cost.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2001, 10:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do you have any pics of the diamond plate flares and rocker panels????? my suzuki is pretty tough but also want it to look good since its my daily driver. im also looking for a light bar that mounts to windshield frame mines a soft top
thanks

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 01:17 AM

this is a pic of diamond on the corners and a light bar on top of Heidi's rig. The light bar is a bad idea as im sure many would attest to, if you plan to use your rig off road. It WILL get torn off rather soon. Heidis is a poser rig, but we shall have it dialed in soon enough.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-336671-rear.jpg (60.3 KB, 3 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 01:28 AM

Here is a pic of the diamond side rocker part. Its just a straight chunk of diamond to rivet on. didnt cost more then 2$ for the rocker panel and about 25 on the hood. I cut it all up myself with two metal cutting blades on a 7 inch handsaw.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-336677-sideshot.jpg (71.2 KB, 2 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 01:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

nice rig!!! but if you dont recomend the light bar, what do you recomend??? i also thought about a metal outside sunvisor with those projector beams mounted on it but not sure if the visor would handle the weight

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 01:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

looks like youd be pretty well protected in a roll over

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 06:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I also replaced the plastic rocker covers but I just got some flat 1/8 alum and at work bent a 1/2" bend and like Max said just pop rivited it on. That plastic just breeds rust and rot. As for the lights if it is a softop use the light brackets that replace the windshield hinge screws. Calmini for one sells them and that keeps the lights out of harms way. Jim

http://sites.netscape.net/riodiusa
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-16-2001, 08:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

great idea but i had plans to mount the yj mirrors that mount on the windshield hinge, so i'll be legal when i cruise it without the doors, is there a such thing as a low profile light bar???that doesnt stick up to far, i live in the desert and there are no trees to hit any lights on top, but would like to keep wind drag as low as possible, although im driving a box lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode