a postcard from paridise - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

a postcard from paridise

Well i just thought id write you all and say hello from salvage yard paradise. I found a sammi with auto locking hubs today, both hubs 20$ thankyou. Found a tip gauge and altimiter (looks like its from a cessna) and a supertuner cd player by pioneer, have to see how much it is tommorow. two engines and all body parts. Some nice crx seats i was thinking of fabbing in. Plus here is the kicker. You might know im a big audi fan, there are lots of audi's at this place. I got an offer today from the owner to build cars in exchange for parts that i want. I can only do this two days a week so its limited but im very happy about the offer. Im building two audi's starting next week, and im doing it in exchange for a possible pick on a 16 ft trailer with power brakes. I can build up credit on a salvage rig, ford power stroke something or other im thinking. Lots of fun at this place, but i have to go now. By the way Matt, i got your 4.6832 gear out of an auto tracker today too. Five minutes my a$$, took me ten to figure out how to make it in to a five minute job, the next one is coming out real fast. I am just unbolting the two brace bolts on the sides and the one set of three on the drivers side then the brace bolt. Presto finished. I got to go for now, Later Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 10:10 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: a postcard from paridise

Max you copycat, and I thought I'd be the only one with the aircraft instrument panel for a dashboard. Did you also snag the compass and windspeed indicator?

Maybe you should quit school and make some REAL money at the salvage yard, sounds like you're headed that way anyhow.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Its not a real one like yours, so no worries. It just looks cool and actually has more wiring to it then i expected. Did you get your burner? How did the computer show go? Lots of jeeps at this yard mark, youd like it alot and you would cry when you see how many are buildable. They did say that they had a one ton dana 60 here but i did not get a price. The guy was confused when i told him it was for a cj8, he doesnt have the cranial capacity for overkill like you envision. I will try to get a price for you tommorow.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 11:18 PM
Old Hand

Hey Max, when you build up an Audi do you build it into the "rally type" or more like a NASCAR style? Just wondering. I saw a really cool rally style one today with a big spoiler and one giant windshield wiper. At least I think it was an Audi.

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 08:00 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Mx,

Was the tip gauge mounted in the dash? Say in the little dash cubbyhole? If so, it's OEM.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2001, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Here is a rally type that is for sale for 5k. Love rally, best auto racing there is, but alas im building something right now to surprise porsches. I say this because most american stangs and what not cannot corner for crud. Most anything cannot compare to audi's because of their four wheel drive system. They swept every race they entered until early 90's when they were required to not use the quattro sytems on their track cars. I myself am gutting out the two door coupe that im driving back this March, then it gets a 20v turbo 5cyl engine that will out put 350 hp to all four wheels. Full roll cage inside, one seat, one fuel cell (one nitro kit for time travel) and a coil over strut system and im on my way to the track. Id do rally, but its one thing at a time. Too much to list it all here: custom coilovers, very well built weld-in cage, 5-pt harnesses, fire extinguishers, two sets of
Michelin M1's and M3's plus a full size spare, all mounted on 5000 rims, battery in trunk, boxed suspension components,
skid plates under engine and rear diff, lots of LDP gravel shielding under car, pair of hella rally 2000's, alfa pro rally
computer, mostly gutted interior, mud flaps, red map light, E30 BMW E-code lighting (quad round H4/H1 setup).
Everything was done 6K miles ago in 1996, and it ran 6 rallies after that. The motor was rebuilt, along with clutch, at that
time. I bought it very recently, but my financial situation has changed and I won't have the money for racing this summer.
Body is dent free, chassis has 108K miles on it. Does have some minor gravel chew along edges of body panels, but it's no
big deal. I put a new (cheap) exhaust system on, along with a set of new snow tires on the stock wheels. Car is ready race
come summer!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-333589-rallyaudi.jpg (70.7 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey mxnhid , I think rally cars are great too ! The perfect run from the cops tool . What motor is in the one for sale ?
I used to have a 4000 - FWD . KYBs improved it a lot . Started to pickup a Quattro a couple of times - Lot of bang for the buck ! I've got so many rigs tho. Still got an old Fox 1.7/Weber/Konis , it's fun cause it is WAY light .
I'd like to hear more about this 350 horse 20v turbo 5cyl .

The only people braver than the rally drivers are the SPECTATORS . Specially the ones that stand on the outside of the corners .
SPEEDVISION $7 a YEAR w/a big dish !

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Here is one guy that has done it. It maybe a hard read if your not used to the lingo but im sure you can appreciate it. Not a very comprehensive site, but it gives you a small picture of how some people do it. The people in europe have without exaggerating the truth made this powerplant into a 600+ hp engine, but that is replacing the turbo and adding nitrous and cams as well as a extensive rebuild. Not what i want to do at all.

http://www.20v.org/s2/home.html

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 01:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the link - interesting.
I assume that the guy is going to modify the turbo/cooler - or maybe I missed that part - or maybe those S2 motors make 350 HP stock ?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2001, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

He did not modify his turbo, but his cooling yes, for the future k26 turbo when his k24 fails. I think the stock rating for the 20v 5 cyl turbo is somewhere around 247hp. Chipping it alone adds a little over 70 on these platforms then the exhaust and highflow cat/ intake (k&n) with a polish and port and switching the boost lines, wastgate spring and a few other do dads and its easily at 350 hp to the wheels. Thats not messing with a bigger spooling turbo yet. His is not how im doing mine, i dont plan on stock tires or suspension. They are the weak link of the vehicle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode