weber carb cuts out - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 08:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

weber carb cuts out

my weber carb keeps cutting the fuel supply when going up steep hills.

can anybody help ?

thanks !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 09:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: weber carb cuts out

Hey Shirley - NO I'm afraid there's no help to be had for those POS Webers ! If you don't believe , me just ask mxnhid - he's had hell with his for - how long now ?
Tell you what tho , I have a fine stock Sami carb , that I'll trade you straight up - long as you pay shipping both ways . I'll make sure that damn Weber get's disposed of properly !
Of course you COULD lower the float level & stick a piece of tubing in the float bowl vent that sticks up as high as the top of the air cleaner - make sure the gasket isn't leaking fuel into the air correction jets too . mxnhid sez it's better just to "get rid of'm" tho .
You could even go here : http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/samurai/webers.htm & go thru that rigamaroll .

PS : If you are POSITIVE that you are running out of fuel - not having "fuel slosh" problems - your float level could be too low or fuel pump pressure too low or........

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 09:21 AM
MRLoneWolfe

I would almost bet that you would be better off with a Pony carb.Webers can be a real pain!As for now you are finding out why!!!Might want to re-think your carburation

MRLoneWolfe AKA THROTTLE MONGER,1988Sami SPUA,5in Calmini Combo,lockrites,TSL Thornbirds,YOR-bumpers and rockrails,Sidekick seats,z-link,YOR-pumkin protectors,1.3+.030 YOR-hood latch kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2001, 09:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

LoneWolf you are SO correct ! As DannyL says - one word PONY !
Everyone should go ahead & buy a Pony from DL - then send those crap Webers to me for proper disposal - I'll melt'm down , kinda like they melt all those guns .You know the ones that keep goin' off by themselves & kill'n people .
After all , who would want a carb that you can TUNE for your motor specs/altitude/conditions . Replaceable jets - that's crazy talk - why think if you don't have to !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode