2 guys doin 90 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 01:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

2 guys doin 90

....so I'm pulling onto the interstate on my way up to Idaho to pick up my kid for the weekend. Always on the search to fill my insatiable Suzuki appetite, up ahead I spot a cool looking Zuk. Its painted a nice bronze color, new white Kayline top, and sporting what looks like 32" tires. So I figure, I'll catch up to it and check it out.

Problem is.... I'm already doing 80mph. So I bring it up to about 85 mph, in the fast lane of course. No gain is made. Traffic is moving along pretty well and I can't get to it. Finally, he gets bogged down behind some Soccer-mom-mini-van thing and I get behind them. Time to pull alongside and see if I know them. So I step on it.

Problem is, I'm doing 90 now and not passing them. Finally, I bring it to 95mph and get beside these guys. As I pass, I make out a sticker on the back "suzuki conversions". Hmm, I wonder, whose conversion is it that's going so damn fast. As I pull alongside, I see a larger sticker on the side... Lightening Conversions. Ahah! Ye Olde Vortech is what's been dusting my little sports car. I pull alongside and wave a 'hang loose' at them.

There they were, two guys in their Zuk doing 90mph with room left to spare. An SPOA with shackles and 32" tires.

So if you're out cruising in your sports car one day and see a bronze flash run by at close to 100mph that resembled a Zuk.... it just might be the two guys in the Samurai with the Vortech testing out their new ride (temporary paper plates, indicated a brand new purchase). Watch out for them, they're damn fast!

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 02:50 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: 2 guys doin 90

WOW Glenn, sounds like you had a hard time trying to keep up with the Lightining Zuk! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I just can't see myself and my zuk doing 90+ on the freeway! That is crazy [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Glad that a cop didn't see ya two! That would of been a funny ticket! Hey did the Zuk look like this one...it also has 32" Goodyears!

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 05:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

WOW.. ive done 90 in my stock Tracker, but that was coming down a grade.. lol.. why is it that more people dont do 4.3 conversions into Zuks? to expensive or just that the rest of the drivetrain wont handle that kind of HP/Torque?

Justin
Bbytrkr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 05:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

You answered your own question! The stock drive train will not last with the power of the 4.3L, you will NEED to swap in Dana 44's or Toyota axles! Also the kit that Lightning Conversions sales is LOTS OF $$$ Over $5000.00, but if you look at what you get it isn't that bad, you get new 4.3L, auto trans, driveshafts, motor mounts ect... But, 5 grand is a lot of money to us Zuki guys! Most of us on this board are cheap and that is why we have the Zuk! The cost to lift anyother truck is lots more then the Zuk! Anyways, I'm talking too much, working mids at the Fire Dept. dispatch gets boring sometimes! Here is the link to Suzuki Lightning Conversions!
http://www.suzukiconversion.com/ Later

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 09:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, the flow of traffic in the fast lane was doing about 80-85, so we weren't being that crazy.

I have to admit though, the Zuk at 90mph didn't look too stable.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 10:31 AM
Old Hand

Wow, if something went wrong at that speed in a Zuki,,,,you would be nothing but a Memory.....

Glenn ,,,please empty your inbox (email) all my love letters to you keep coming back.....LOL

DaveAZ

http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 11:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Our server had some sort of messup last week and we lost most incoming emails. Things should be back up and running all right now. We're back to our usual umpteen hundred emails every day now.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast

heard a story from a friend that his brother did that swap with the 4.3 vortec and can cruise easily at 90+ speeds but was highly unstable. he ended up hitting a small pot hole at 65mph and flipped the thing over 5 times thank god he had a roll cage

mike

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 12:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Mom has a 98 tracker 2wd with the 16 valve 1600. 100 mph is no problem at all. Im thinkin about the 16 valve as a replacement when my stock 1300 finally goes out.

Will

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 01:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow, that's fast. I can't get my Samurai past 60MPH, and that's with a fuel-injected 1.6L. But it's geared to crawl, and crawl it does. Glenn, you weren't driving your "Green Machine" were you? Now that would have been a sight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode