Custom Gauge Pod - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2001, 03:41 PM
pugrocker

Custom Gauge Pod

Would anyone have any interest in a steel guage pod that will fit into the center console of a 1988-1/2 or later samurai dash board? It will fit into the storage opening at the top right corner. I am having a local shop here on Long Island that I work with make up one for me and I was wondering if anyone else would be interested. They have already setup their CNC so it is in their computer. (I was looking all over for a "drop in" gauge pod - but cannot find one made specifically for a Samurai.)

It will hold (2) two - 2-1/16" gauges and have a 1/4" screw hole in the center to bolt in through the back of the storage compartment. It will be constructed of 1/8" steel and will not be finished (using a time saver will add to the price) - so a little sandpaper will clean it up nice. Let me know if you are interested and I will post of picture of mine after I install it......hopefully it will be done tonight or tomorrow. The edges have the radiuses to follow the lines of the opening and the fit is perfect (against the small lip around the opening). Because they are made of steel and are custom they will probably be about $20.00 - $25.00 each - plus freight - which is about the cost of a plastic gauge mount anyway.

pug

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2001, 04:07 PM

Re: Custom Gauge Pod

dude, i would be interested, all i have is a hole there now and have been pondering ways to cover it up. i could use a couple more gauges anyway.

"Ahhhh.... He wants to go off-road!!!!" -Ace Ventura
http://suzukisteve.rockcrawler.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 12:43 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I might be interested, post some pic's! I'm sure some of us here would like to see what we are getting!

<font color=blue>Brian</font color=blue> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] <font color=blue>THE ULTIMATE ZUK</font color=blue>
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 12:49 AM

Count me in. Lets see the pics
Adam

Big Bear,

I'm not crazy,I'm perfectly INSANE![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 06:42 AM
Can't Get Enough

That's where I put my CB radio. Slips right in and wires run thru the small hole in back. That space just to the left of it, I assume is for a clock or something, is just blank on mine, so I installed my mini-tach (in-dash) there. It's a bear to get behind the dash to work on it, but do-able. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Scott Trester
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Pug-
sounds nice- i would probably take one if i didnt already do mine. An alternative is to go to a car stereo shop and pick up 1-2 sheets of black ABS plastic(about 5 bucks) and cut it to fit the opening. I made mine fit 3 gauges by opening up the "change holder" part. Have oil, volt and temp gauges mounted in there. I havent finished it and its held by tape- mainly because i cant find a sending unit that will bolt directly into the block for the temp gauge.Anyone know of any available? I tried using the "T" but it doesnt read accurate. Once i straighten that out, I'll mount it more permanent. Also- a good spot for the cb is the ashtray. My radio shack cb slides right in and doesnt require any mounting- the opening is a perfect match. And it keeps me from smoking! (trying to quit!)

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper,yankee off road hood latches.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 10:12 AM
pugrocker

dbenj:

I considered going the route of the ABS plastic stuff - but I wanted something that would look a little more trick - call me corny and flashy if you want.

Anyway, I will post some pictures today - so check it out and let me know what you think.....

pug

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 10:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Corny, Flashy Pug
post some pics when you get a chance- i'll definitely want to see it- maybe i'll have to change mine to steel.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper,yankee off road hood latches.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 01:16 PM
pugrocker

here is a picture>>>>>>>>>

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2001, 01:19 PM
pugrocker

i forgot to add the picture - here it is............

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-329675-Image001.jpg (29.3 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode