Females-OT - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Females-OT

Went on a date with this girl saturday nite. She was great. BUT, she made one major mistake. She saw the sammi and said she wouldnt ride in it. Altho she just loves my tacoma. Oh well, at least she looked good, so it wasnt that big of a waste of a saturday nite. Maybe one of these days ill find one that likes the sami and the scout as much as the toyota. Until then, im jus gonna keep on wrenchin on the sami on sat. nites.

Keep on wheelin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 09:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Females-OT

understand completely bro, and agree pretty much. gotta save some saturdays to go wheelin/campin thoooo.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Guess I'm lucky. My wife bought ours with the understanding that I would do all the work and make it trail worthy. Needless to say I have spent more on upgrades than the initial cost of our zuk. She has one requirement now, I need to get a rollcage in it. I can handle that. However, my list of essential requirements goes on and on and on and on and ........

<font color=green>88.5 Samurai "DONT LAF",6" of SPOA lift,4.16 TC,32's,DSL's</font color=green>
http://lziffle73.topcities.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 10:12 PM
Old Hand

I guess I'm lucky as well. I'm a college student and everyone on campus knows my zook. They don't know me but know her, go figure. But the girl I'm kinda "talking too" loves my ride in the summer, she hates it in the winter though. she is actaully thinking about trading in her 97 monte carlo in for a jeep, and she wants me to lift it for her and stuff. I'm actually planning on selling mine and getting a bmw z3, so the plan is we can switch when I wanna wheel. Any body looking for a lifted zook.

Driving off-road needs to be done well, like throwing a fly at a rising trout in dark, calm waters. Take pride in the task, and the reward is more than the destination.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-05-2001, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Look for females who hate samurais and the potential to mess up a hairdo.

My problem is that my better half LOVES the sami & wants to drive it. I've had to lift it & then lift some more in a vain attempt to keep her from driving it. The best thing I have found is to actually keep it muddy on the INSIDE so she won't drive it to work or school. No charge for that advice.

However- When you take them wheeling and do stuff that everyone else with lockers is doing & you about turn over, she listens when the other guys say "he needs lockers!" When we were sideways and had to be winched up the hill as I almost turned it over, she was told "he needs a winch." Gears,Rollbars, etc, you can see how this can work with the right peers. Controlled stupidity ( at least I'll claim it was ) too further advance the cause of sami after market economic growth.

JC Garrett
91 Samurai JS
[email protected]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 12:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

That's funny cause my wife said the same thing about the rollcage!!!

DannyL
Pony Express
Updated site 17 Jan 2001
http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 06:00 AM
Keyboard Implanted

You guys are lucky, my wife complains when I spend $6 to do an oil change. Saturday I spent 2 hours doing HER front pads and rotors which were SHOT and she was pissed the rest of the day because I ruined "family day"

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 07:54 AM
mike shannon

well i can say that i got lucky. my wife loves wheeling and camping out as much as me or more. on the first trip to colorado we had a blast [stock]. she kept saying lets go over there and i would say that we really need lockers and some lower gears to do it. by the time she heard that 3 or 4 times she said i needed that stuff. so i said ok, what a woman. but i hate to say that i am going to relace my main trail rig [88.5 soft top] with a toyota land cruiser. need the room and don't have time to strech the other zuk right now. but don't freak out over it, i will get the long wheel base rotary powered zuk together next winter. later mike

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 09:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Randy

The truth is that I DON'T drink, smoke(anything), do drugs, chase other women, spend money on fancy clothes or hang out in bars. I've been there and I have done that(except drugs). Now I'm a real quiet guy with one problem......trucks.

It could be far worst with all the temptations around, but I've chose to be happy with other peoples "junk"!
With us expecting out first child, I would imagine it will slow the spending down quite a bit. But I'll just have to get my ass moving on all the ideas I have and get fabbing to sell.....
I am a lucky man to have such a good wife though and in turn she is also lucky to have me.

DannyL
Pony Express
Updated site 17 Jan 2001
http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 12:14 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Danny, I am the same way. Problem is we have been together since we were 15 years old and I am a selfish jerk because I spent (maybe) $1500 of the $20000 or so I made in overtime last year on MYSELF (less then half of what HER Jeep payments were). She has never been with a REAL jerk so she has no idea. I keep trying to get her to watch Jerry Springer so she can see what one is! Sorry to ramble, needed to get it off my chest. BTW Glenn, the last time I was at your house was the last time I was out with "my buddies"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode